Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Wii U gaming/collecting

Anything current-gen and last-gen belongs in here. Playstation 3/4, Xbox 360/One, Nintendo Wii/U/Switch, Nintendo DS/3DS and Sony PSP/Vita.

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby -SV- » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:29 am

After the last post I can say that limited run is doing Axiom Verge 100%.
So... R.I.P. PAL version and R.I.P. multiverse edition bonuses....
But hey, at least we will get the game.
-SV-

Postby Schlibbylibby » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:41 am

-SV- wrote:After the last post I can say that limited run is doing Axiom Verge 100%.
So... R.I.P. PAL version and R.I.P. multiverse edition bonuses....
But hey, at least we will get the game.

Well, Americans get the game. Obviously a pro for them but as it won’t run on a PAL console it will leave us high and dry. I guess there’s a chance LR do a PAL pressing (all other consoles they have released on have been region free so we have no real precedence to go off). I doubt they will though.

At least it’s available on other consoles I guess
Schlibbylibby

Postby GLA1984 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:57 pm

Is there a link? I very much still want this.
GLA1984

Postby mchardmanuk » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:21 pm

So I finally piked up a copy of Mario vs Donkey Kong. Now when you move the box around it sounds like something is loose, normally I'd just go loose disc but seeing as it's a download code in a box what is moving around?

Don't think there's many more games to go before i have all the ones I want for the system.
mchardmanuk

Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... atistics/m

Postby Inirius » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:54 pm

Is this code so much rare in English ? In french, it’s not so rare.

For you question, i can say that there’s also a sound when I move my box, I guess it’s the code and the other stuff with it.

Good luck for your collection ;)
Inirius

Postby dtm06 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:08 pm

Been 2 months since I contacted badlandindie about Axiom Verge so have sent them another message - will let you all know what they say.

Just nabbed my 130th game yesterday (sing party haha). Closing in on a full set. Only really hard one to find for me now is Zumba...
dtm06

Postby GLA1984 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:27 am

Inirius wrote:Is this code so much rare in English ? In french, it’s not so rare.

For you question, i can say that there’s also a sound when I move my box, I guess it’s the code and the other stuff with it.

I don't think it's that rare in "English" either (the triangle is grey). It comes up on ebay, which I'd advise waiting on a decent price, and Amazon has re-stocked it on and off, which has been the cheapest I've seen it (around or maybe slightly under £20). Lately not seen it anywhere else than Ebay, but I'm also not looking for it.

Inside? I have one opened, one sealed UK and it's got paper in there is all, including the "scratchcard". My Japanese one had a loose disc, so I'll have to buy another, but I want to think about getting a folder to buy loose discs and put them in as I really do like the Wii U discs (both the artwork and their round cut edges).
GLA1984

Postby Spasho » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:50 pm

-SV- wrote:If it's axiom verge, that's bad news for us in Europe...

Well, you could just say PAL instead since Australia/NZ are part of the PAL format rather than moreso only in the European continent. But to be honest, I get that it's bad news for collectors but not in general for people (i.e., there's a lot of negativity and trashing the continent for this and that).
Spasho

Postby mchardmanuk » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:10 am

GLA1984 wrote:
Inirius wrote:Is this code so much rare in English ? In french, it’s not so rare.

I don't think it's that rare in "English" either (the triangle is grey). It comes up on ebay, which I'd advise waiting on a decent price, and Amazon has re-stocked it on and off, which has been the cheapest I've seen it (around or maybe slightly under £20). Lately not seen it anywhere else than Ebay, but I'm also not looking for it.

Inside? I have one opened, one sealed UK and it's got paper in there is all, including the "scratchcard". My Japanese one had a loose disc, so I'll have to buy another, but I want to think about getting a folder to buy loose discs and put them in as I really do like the Wii U discs (both the artwork and their round cut edges).

Thanks.
mchardmanuk

Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... atistics/m

Postby Zeldacollector » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:22 pm

just dance 2019 came today....its seems to be SCN region code here in scandinavia
looks like most stores didnt even take that in list anymore....gamestop didnt have wiiu version in example.
Zeldacollector

Postby GLA1984 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:37 am

Recent haul of deliveries that had accumulated at my parents place for 5 months:

And so far, the last Wii U physical:

GLA1984

Postby Caranten » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:15 pm

GLA1984 wrote:Recent haul of deliveries that had accumulated at my parents place for 5 months:

And so far, the last Wii U physical:

Wow.. epic wii u stuff you collected.
We got two wii u games last month:

- Zelda Breath of the Wild
- Disney Infinity 3.0
Caranten

Postby Deanos » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:49 pm

I think i'm done collecting for the console. I missed some special editions, the English Zumba and i don't think i will ever find a Pokemon rumble U. Maybe sometime i will hunt down the NTSC only games. Until then this is my collection.
http://www.retrocollect.com/Members-Gam ... Wii-U.html
Deanos

Postby Schlibbylibby » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:57 am

Deanos wrote:I think i'm done collecting for the console. I missed some special editions, the English Zumba and i don't think i will ever find a Pokemon rumble U. Maybe sometime i will hunt down the NTSC only games. Until then this is my collection.

Just been looking through your album. Cracking stuff
Schlibbylibby

Postby Deanos » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:12 am

Schlibbylibby wrote:
Deanos wrote:I think i'm done collecting for the console. I missed some special editions, the English Zumba and i don't think i will ever find a Pokemon rumble U. Maybe sometime i will hunt down the NTSC only games. Until then this is my collection.

Just been looking through your album. Cracking stuff

Thank you
Deanos

Postby Inirius » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:44 pm

You’ve got some cool stuff ^^

Especially the famous Cabela FR/EN brand new sealed :D
If you mind to sell it one day, I’ll be glad to help you to get rid of this game ;) :lol:

Beautiful collection ^^
Inirius

Postby Deanos » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:55 am

Inirius wrote:You’ve got some cool stuff ^^

Especially the famous Cabela FR/EN brand new sealed :D
If you mind to sell it one day, I’ll be glad to help you to get rid of this game ;) :lol:

Beautiful collection ^^

Thanks
Deanos

Postby -SV- » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:06 am

Do we have any news on LRG#1?
I thought they said that it would be up till January... but it's February.
-SV-

Postby Zeldacollector » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:51 pm

Now only missing 1 euro pal game from complete collection...didnt think last game to get would be Guitar Hero Live
2nd last was zumba and paid quite much for one but its unused complete euro english version with belt and box...that was 125 euros
Zeldacollector

Postby Inirius » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:12 pm

Wow ! That’s great ! Congratulation !
So i guess that you’ve already got the English Cabela ;) .
Inirius

PreviousNext

Return to Modern Gaming