Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Very large PAL SNES collection on ebay

Selling some retro games on eBay? Feel free to share your links with the community.

Very large PAL SNES collection on ebay

Postby storm_shadow » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:52 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Nintendo-Snes-Huge-Collection-My-entire-collection-Pictures-coming-/292164231276?hash=item440658606c:g:0vgAAOSw~e5ZU7xX

£20K as a starting price. Very nice collection though, impressive by the amount of console bundles. Been after the green FIFA bundle myself!

Would you guys pay £20K?
storm_shadow

Re: Very large PAL SNES collection on ebay

Postby KThxsBy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:21 pm

"Update 2/7/17...Best offer so far has been £12,000 which has been rejected."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
KThxsBy

Postby RetroBob » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:13 pm

KThxsBy wrote:"Update 2/7/17...Best offer so far has been £12,000 which has been rejected."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL, I want top dollar but I don't want to sell individually. It's not even in that good condition but at least they are in protectors now.
RetroBob

Postby T Moleman » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:37 pm

£20k is totally off the mark, even the £12k seems a bit high for what's on offer.

Not sure about the consoles but those 277 games would probably be around the £8-9k mark if they were in excellent condition, which if you look at the photos you can see that there's a lot of white fluffy corners and creased boxes, also a lot of those sports titles can be picked up for peanuts in excellent condition.
T Moleman

Postby storm_shadow » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:41 pm

Probably threw the £20K figure to see who might bite, but yeah seems a bit steep considering the varying conditions.
storm_shadow

Postby KThxsBy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:53 pm

if anyone has the time, add them into CEX listing as see what figure comes up. (they do not look mint as well)

if I had a guess id say 3-4k... probably more to the 3 than the 4
KThxsBy

Postby storm_shadow » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:45 pm

KThxsBy wrote:if anyone has the time, add them into CEX listing as see what figure comes up. (they do not look mint as well)

if I had a guess id say 3-4k... probably more to the 3 than the 4

That might be difficult, as bizarrely CEX doesnt list any of the EA sports games for either the SNES or Mega Drive, even though Ive seen them in the shops.

EA sports games tend to go for double on the SNES what they do on the MD, if in good condition.
storm_shadow

Postby Spasho » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:11 am

Love the attention to detail the guy's put into the photos. I'd say there may be someone who'll pay £20k for it but it will take time but if lucky, perhaps a Saudi Arabian prince will buy it off him. :P

I especially adored seeing the plushes of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro on there. <3
Spasho

Postby rodarkone » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:56 am

I definitely need to sell my collection - probably will buy a small house :)
rodarkone

View Collection: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/show ... n-428.html
Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/coll ... s-428.html

Postby Rollerxcore » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:17 am

Say he got £12,000(which he has refused), 2000 would be for the consoles and then the rest would be for the games. Which works out just under £40 a game.

This is ridiculous cost, only a handfull are worth over the average, so to me this is some one trying to show off there collection.

Which does look nice collectiontion. Shame it has a disillusional owner
Rollerxcore

Postby spacedmonkeys » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:30 am

Another example of people being greedy and over-valuing their stuff. Did he pay anywhere near that to obtain it all? doubt it.

Also he wants cash on collection only? Because everyone carries 20 grand round in their pocket.

Had a spare few minutes at work and did some rough calculations:

Average prices....

11 x consoles at £120 = £1320
2 x custom consoles at £60 = £120
Scope = £30
Loose carts 12 x £20 = £240
Adapters = £100
Controller = £10
Boxed games (mostly average titles...there are no USA RPG's or Secret of Mana etc) £20 average each = £5540

Total value based on assumed averages = £7360
spacedmonkeys

Postby Sturmwind » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:37 pm

I get the impression that this is someones 'second' collection that they are simply trying to offload. The rejects as it were, of a more minty main collection. The consistency is all over the place.
Sturmwind

Postby cjblfc » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:55 pm

spacedmonkeys wrote:Another example of people being greedy and over-valuing their stuff. Did he pay anywhere near that to obtain it all? doubt it.

Also he wants cash on collection only? Because everyone carries 20 grand round in their pocket.

Average prices....

Scope = £30
Adapters = £100
Controller = £10
Boxed games (mostly average titles...there are no USA RPG's or Secret of Mana etc) £20 average each = £5540

As someone who has flirted with the idea of selling my whole collection, I think it is fair enough to over price on a special bundle. It would likely have taken this person years and years to build this collection, so in some respects, if you are interested in an instant collection like this you are buying the time and money you save not having to graft for everything on sale.

Although in this case, looks like the seller has added a triple premium!
cjblfc

Postby flatapex » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:15 pm

cjblfc wrote:
spacedmonkeys wrote:Another example of people being greedy and over-valuing their stuff. Did he pay anywhere near that to obtain it all? doubt it.

Average prices....

Scope = £30
Adapters = £100
Controller = £10

As someone who has flirted with the idea of selling my whole collection, I think it is fair enough to over price on a special bundle. It would likely have taken this person years and years to build this collection, so in some respects, if you are interested in an instant collection like this you are buying the time and money you save not having to graft for everything on sale.

but......if something is your hobby- is it work?

I am going for a full ps2 'play it' label set, but its not like work to me.

Do I look in shops for them? yes, but I dont go to a town specifically for them. I look in the shops that are near where I am going anyway. If they happen to have something I am missing, thats great, but its not like going to work and doing my job
Currently playing:
XB1: Forza Horizon 3, Forza 7(completed), Project Cars 2

PSP: Test Drive Unlimited
flatapex

Postby cjblfc » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:03 pm

flatapex wrote:
cjblfc wrote:

Average prices....

Scope = £30
Adapters = £100
Controller = £10

but......if something is your hobby- is it work?

I am going for a full ps2 'play it' label set, but its not like work to me.

Do I look in shops for them? yes, but I dont go to a town specifically for them. I look in the shops that are near where I am going anyway. If they happen to have something I am missing, thats great, but its not like going to work and doing my job

Apologies if not clear, I am not saying it's 'work' as such, but unless you are rich and can just go on eBay and take advantage of overpriced Buy It Nows, you do have to 'work at' getting a collection together (which isn't a bad thing or a process you can't enjoy).

I like to purchase my games over time, often passing on games if elements are missing or the quality is not there (I have OCD). This means it has taken me years to get the games I want to play, in the condition I want, for the price I want and as such, if I ever sold up, would want to be compensated for the quality of my collection by the buyer for the time and effort I am saving them. An auction like this is not really aimed at your average collector, imo it appeals to a different type of collector who wants an instant collection and has the money to do so....therefore should pay for that privilege.
cjblfc

Postby n-g-m » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:24 pm

The item has been ended by the seller because it is no longer available. A deal off Ebay perhaps as 10% for a FVF might be quite large? Or was it merely to get people to look at his other stuff? Who knows. Either way most of those games were what you might call SNES fodder. Anything that justified that huge asking price was sorely lacking.
n-g-m

Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... atistics/n

Postby gingerraccoon » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:31 pm

n-g-m wrote:The item has been ended by the seller because it is no longer available. A deal off Ebay perhaps as 10% for a FVF might be quite large? Or was it merely to get people to look at his other stuff? Who knows. Either way most of those games were what you might call SNES fodder. Anything that justified that huge asking price was sorely lacking.

Today and tomorrow there's a FVF of £1 if you're eligible, so probably that at a guess, as you speculate. That's why I was holding fire on stuff to sell until one came along.
gingerraccoon

Postby Stevo » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:40 pm

This is back up at just under 16 thousand now.

Still way too much in my opinion.
Stevo

Postby moNoKnoT » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:06 am

Stevo wrote:This is back up at just under 16 thousand now.

Still way too much in my opinion.

Here's the updated link - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Nintendo-Snes-My-entire-collection-WHATS-YOUR-LOWEST-PMS-WILL-BE-IGNORED-/292206099729?hash=item4408d73d11:g:0vgAAOSw~e5ZU7xX

I think he should have accepted the £12K offer and run.

- Kevin.
moNoKnoT

View Collection: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/show ... 17931.html
Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/coll ... 17931.html
Collection Photos: http://www.retrocollect.com/Members-Gam ... on-Photos/

Postby n-g-m » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:10 pm

He's added that the cost per item works out at £50 per item. There is way too much filler that is no where near worth £50 each. This doesn't balance the higher end stuff. The consoles are nice but I would like at least one really big hitter in that bundle if I was playing that sort of money. I don't see any of those unless I'm mistaken.

It will be relisted again for £12k soon enough when he realises that that offer was very good and he won't get offered anywhere near as much as that again. Just pure greed.

I actually fell foul of this myself once when SNES factory sealed game prices went loopy. I listed a Red Mario Kart at £3K with offers - hoping for around £2K for it. I was offered £1.6K within minutes of listing and got very greedy by rejecting it, thinking I'd easily get a better one. I was wrong. A month later, I went back to the original offer and asked him if he still wanted it. He said he had already spent his allowance on offer games since. Luckily, someone offered £1.5K soon after but the transaction went badly wrong as he claimed the tiniest of nicks in the seal and wanted to return it. We eventually agreed that he kept the item, dropped the return and I partially refunded him £600. I think this was karma on my behalf for being so greedy in the first place and it's something I learnt a big lesson on - not to mention it stopped me collecting or selling sealed games for good as it's just soooo much of a mine field with re-seals, tiny nicks and the sheer cost involved!
n-g-m

Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... atistics/n

Next

Return to Everything eBay