Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Wii U gaming/collecting

Anything current-gen and last-gen belongs in here. Playstation 3/4, Xbox 360/One, Nintendo Wii/U/Switch, Nintendo DS/3DS and Sony PSP/Vita.

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby dtm06 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:44 am

I asked badlandindie about axiom verge again and got the following response.
Finally we won't be the Axiom Verge WiiU Ed. distributors in U.S.. The E.U. version has been postponed until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Best regards.

Sounds like even the EU release is on life support now. Would've been a great final release for the system.
dtm06

Postby KThxsBy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:44 pm

dtm06 wrote:I asked badlandindie about axiom verge again and got the following response.
Finally we won't be the Axiom Verge WiiU Ed. distributors in U.S.. The E.U. version has been postponed until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Best regards.

Sounds like even the EU release is on life support now. Would've been a great final release for the system.

Thanks, I did ask a few times last week but didn't get a reply. just canceled my pre order with 365games.
KThxsBy

Postby GLA1984 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:55 am

Finally arrived.

GLA1984

Postby Inirius » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:25 pm

GLA1984 wrote:Finally arrived.

Wow, it’s wonderful ! You must be very happy !

Could you please answer two simple questions :
-Is the text behind the box written in french or not ?
-What’s the code region of the game ?

I’m really looking forward your answer.
Inirius

Postby GLA1984 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:10 am

It's multi-language, with English being the first.

Where do I find/see the regional code?
GLA1984

Postby Inirius » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:42 pm

It’s just on the bottom right corner. It must be EUR or a thing like that. On the game case, it’s on the same corner.

Thank you very much for this photo !
Inirius

Postby Sturmwind » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:21 am

Wow. There is a new system firmware update. Version 5.5.3

She lives! ;)
Sturmwind

Postby macarver » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:58 pm

As far as I can see the firmware update is purely for GDPR compliance...

I've been (slowly) going for a PAL unique full-set, which I have currently numbered at 158 (no DLC/compilations/variations), of which I understand 8 did not get a UK release (plus Zumba, as it didn't appear to have a UKV/EUR release). As a native English speaker, I've done a little research into box languages, as I've naturally been seeking out those with English included:

Baila Latino - EUR (English only)
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 - EUR (English/French)
Cars 3: Driven to Win - SCN (English only)
Cocoto Magic Circus 2 - EUR (French/Dutch/English/Italian/Spanish)
Fit Music for Wii U - ?
Hunter's Trophy 2: Europa - EUR (French/Dutch/English/Italian/Spanish)
Luv me buddies: Wonderland - ?
Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - AUS (English only)
Zumba Fitness: World Party - UXP (English only)

Anyone seen any English language box art for the missing two (Fit Music or Luv me buddies)?

Of these nine, all seem fairly easily obtainable, except for three: Zumba, Cabela and Hunter's Trophy (in their English variants). These are looking like being the last ones I come across, and the only ones I may have to accept a non-English copy as placeholders...
macarver

Postby Schlibbylibby » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:57 pm

macarver wrote:As far as I can see the firmware update is purely for GDPR compliance...

I've been (slowly) going for a PAL unique full-set, which I have currently numbered at 158 (no DLC/compilations/variations), of which I understand 8 did not get a UK release (plus Zumba, as it didn't appear to have a UKV/EUR release). As a native English speaker, I've done a little research into box languages, as I've naturally been seeking out those with English included:

Fit Music for Wii U - ?

Anyone seen any English language box art for the missing two (Fit Music or Luv me buddies)?

Of these nine, all seem fairly easily obtainable, except for three: Zumba, Cabela and Hunter's Trophy (in their English variants). These are looking like being the last ones I come across, and the only ones I may have to accept a non-English copy as placeholders...

There’s 159 PAL releases. That’s not counting Pokémon rumble and Mario vs Donkey Kong (download code in box only) but does count bayonetta 1 and star fox guard (which had disc versions bundled with other games).

Cars 3 SCN version was apparently sold in the UK. At Argos I believe.

And you’re unfortunately going to have a lot of trouble finding hunters trophy in any country. Best of luck with your own hunt. Hope you end up with the trophy. :-)
Schlibbylibby

Postby macarver » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:10 pm

Schlibbylibby wrote:
macarver wrote:As far as I can see the firmware update is purely for GDPR compliance...

Fit Music for Wii U - ?

There’s 159 PAL releases. That’s not counting Pokémon rumble and Mario vs Donkey Kong (download code in box only) but does count bayonetta 1 and star fox guard (which had disc versions bundled with other games).

Cars 3 SCN version was apparently sold in the UK. At Argos I believe.

And you’re unfortunately going to have a lot of trouble finding hunters trophy in any country. Best of luck with your own hunt. Hope you end up with the trophy. :-)

Are you including New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U as a separate release as part of the 159? I had them down as two individual games only (considering it a compilation)... Although I do enjoy that full-set means different things to different people.

I agree, and I'd discarded Pokemon Rumble U and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars, and included Bayonetta 1 and Star Fox Guard, as you've suggested.

I think Cars 3 was discussed a few pages back; Argos didn't appear to take up their listing, only Coolshop did, and that was the Scandinavian release. An oddity.

Haha, thank you... I'd never appreciated the irony of that title! And the trophy of the hunt being somewhere in Europa, of all places...
macarver

Postby Schlibbylibby » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:39 pm

As yes the mario Luigi double will be the difference in our counts
Schlibbylibby

Postby Inirius » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Fit Music for Wii U - ?

Fit Music and Luv me Buddies Wonderland are normally exclusive for ESP, ITA and FAH, so no english release. However, I’ve found this on eBay, maybe it’s an import, I don’t know :
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Wii-Wii-Fit-Mus ... SwtoVbO1br

Good luck for finishing your Full english fullset, personally I’m making the full French fullset, and it’s quite hard for few games who are really common in England…
Inirius

Postby macarver » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:08 pm

Inirius wrote:Fit Music and Luv me Buddies Wonderland are normally exclusive for ESP, ITA and FAH, so no english release. However, I’ve found this on eBay, maybe it’s an import, I don’t know :

Good luck for finishing your Full english fullset, personally I’m making the full French fullset, and it’s quite hard for few games who are really common in England…

Those were the only three codes I could find for those two, glad we have the same. I think quite a few UK sellers imported cheap FAH copies from Nedgame.nl, there are several for sale on UK eBay.

Thank you, and good luck to you too! I'm sure you have your own list of non-French releases which are a pain to locate! Language is an interesting aspect of collecting PAL, US or JP must be so much simpler...
macarver

Postby dtm06 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:44 pm

I think I've mentioned it before but incase anyone is curious, Cars 3 had an English release here in Australia and is relatively cheap and easy to find. Was a bit odd in that you were able to find sealed Aus copies on release - most of ours don't come wrapped.
dtm06

Postby Inirius » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:37 pm

macarver wrote:
Inirius wrote:Fit Music and Luv me Buddies Wonderland are normally exclusive for ESP, ITA and FAH, so no english release. However, I’ve found this on eBay, maybe it’s an import, I don’t know :

Those were the only three codes I could find for those two, glad we have the same. I think quite a few UK sellers imported cheap FAH copies from Nedgame.nl, there are several for sale on UK eBay.

Thank you, and good luck to you too! I'm sure you have your own list of non-French releases which are a pain to locate! Language is an interesting aspect of collecting PAL, US or JP must be so much simpler...

If everyone has the same code, there must be no other codes :)

Of course I’ve got my own list :lol: We made it with others French wii u collectors, it must be complete, I hope :roll:
Language is surely a really funny aspect of collecting PAL, even if there is different locations for each language (FAH, FRA, FRG, … for French, UKV, UXP,AUS,… for English language).
Inirius

Postby Deanos » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:03 am

Does anyone knows if Axiom Verge finally coming out or not?
Maybe only in America or only in Europe?
Deanos

Postby macarver » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:39 pm

Limited Run games have just mentioned that they're going to be releasing a Wii U game... I would expect that it would be Axiom Verge.
macarver

Postby -SV- » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:09 am

Wait.

The game limitedrun has is limited to 6.000 copies and it will have a NTSC ver. only.
Acoarding to them, it's out on the eshop and the publisher is far away from them.
Also they mentionned that the PAL ver. of this game was canned.

If it's axiom verge, that's bad news for us in Europe...
-SV-

Postby GLA1984 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:56 am

I thought they said 20,000?

Well, I hope we get plenty of warning for the pre-order window, or else get ready for ebay bloodbath.
GLA1984

Postby GLA1984 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:17 pm

Did this actually come out? I'm starting to think it did not as I never see any pictures of any box for it.
GLA1984

PreviousNext

Return to Modern Gaming