Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

PSP Collectors Unite

Anything current-gen and last-gen belongs in here. Playstation 3/4, Xbox 360/One, Nintendo Wii/U/Switch, Nintendo DS/3DS and Sony PSP/Vita.

Re: PSP Collectors

Postby xXHotFuzzXx » Sun May 29, 2016 9:35 pm

shovelthumb wrote:
xXHotFuzzXx wrote:
Parta Paroni wrote:finngamer presents his collection of PSP press kits. Nice editions and pretty rare stuff I guess.

https://youtu.be/XFsUJeY19xg

Some nice psp items in the video's but most are pretty boring! In fact all of these excluding the God of War press kits have been available to buy on ebay lately for less than £30. There are far better retail items to collect for the psp that are more interesting in my opinion.

Coming off a bit sour hear hotfuzz. Although all are entitled to their own opinion.... it's not about prices either :) Definitely some nice items available on the retail side but the NFR stuff goes really good with the PSP :D :D :D

Wasn't meaning to come over sour as you say. Like I said some nice items, however the only ones that interest me are the God Of War press kits and the Tekken/ Gangs of London which the latter is worth the £13 asking price on ebay. However I don't collect press kits, rather than use the word "boring" I should have just said not my cup of tea. As you know I'm not into the NFR market. I appreciate all collectors though and honestly wasn't meaning to offend anyone. There is one other press kit I would be interested in and it's on ebay for £10 plus p&p. The ceramic white psp press kit, interested to see what's on the UMD, not sure if it's just a demo disk. I've not asked the seller. Do you happen to know?
xXHotFuzzXx

Postby Neontope » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:43 am

Picked up a component cable so can finally make use of my PSP Go cradle.

Neontope

Postby Flozem » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:28 pm

Let me bump this topic a bit with my latest additions:

Bought this lot at Press Start Games since I won a 50 Euro shop credit. Bought a bit more than I initially intended though. Really getting into PSP collecting now: the games are still pretty cheap, very obtainable and the condition is generally good. Besides: I have most of the good Nintendo DS games already... ;)

I spent all afternoon cleaning boxes and ripping the discs so I can put the games on my Photofast memorycard (not the original so I can use SDHC cards). Makes for one lovely handheld system. :mrgreen:

My small PSP collection so far:
Flozem

Collection Stats: www.retrocollect.com/videogamedatabase/ ... ics/Flozem

Postby Big Cals World » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:50 pm

Very jelly of that Trails in the Sky premium edition edition!

I picked up a couple new PSP games on the cheap today:

Rocky Balboa
Dave Mirra BMX Challenge
and then the Shawn Michaels: From the Vault UMD.
Big Cals World

Postby Flozem » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:03 pm

Big Cals World wrote:Very jelly of that Trails in the Sky premium edition edition!

I picked up a couple new PSP games on the cheap today:

Rocky Balboa
Dave Mirra BMX Challenge
and then the Shawn Michaels: From the Vault UMD.

Thanks... it wasn't cheap, but still a better deal than a normal edition or the European SE. And between the EU and US editions, I like this one better because of the cd in crystal case and the pin as opposed to a mini cd and some art cards.
Flozem

Postby oldmario » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:41 pm

is there a list of PSP UMD movies with additional content for PSP games? the only one i can think of is Stealth and the Wipeout stuff
oldmario

Postby stulec52 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:11 pm

Flozem wrote:Let me bump this topic a bit with my latest additions:

Bought this lot at Press Start Games since I won a 50 Euro shop credit. Bought a bit more than I initially intended though. Really getting into PSP collecting now: the games are still pretty cheap, very obtainable and the condition is generally good. Besides: I have most of the good Nintendo DS games already... ;)

I spent all afternoon cleaning boxes and ripping the discs so I can put the games on my Photofast memorycard (not the original so I can use SDHC cards). Makes for one lovely handheld system. :mrgreen:

My small PSP collection so far:

Some super nice games there.
I'm slowly getting my PSP collection together, think I'm at about 250 games now.
It's a good time to collect them, as there are still lots of affordable titles :-)

1 thing I wanted to ask though, ripping the disks?? care to explain that for me?
Thanks
stulec52

Postby stulec52 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:16 pm

this is my collection, about a month ago. I've added another system, and about 25 games since I took it :-)
stulec52

Postby Flozem » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:01 pm

stulec52 wrote: 1 thing I wanted to ask though, ripping the disks?? care to explain that for me?
Thanks

I use my hacked psp to rip the disc to my pc, creating a disc image (iso). I then load the iso's to my psp memorycard. That way, I can fit my library on the psp, and since I do not load discs it saves battery power while gaming.

That's a huge collection, btw... :)
Flozem

Postby stulec52 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:15 pm

Flozem wrote:
stulec52 wrote: 1 thing I wanted to ask though, ripping the disks?? care to explain that for me?
Thanks

I use my hacked psp to rip the disc to my pc, creating a disc image (iso). I then load the iso's to my psp memorycard. That way, I can fit my library on the psp, and since I do not load discs it saves battery power while gaming.

That's a huge collection, btw... :)

thanks, and THANKS ! :-) I need to do that too, as I play the GO lots, that would help lots.
stulec52

Postby Mefffisto » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:11 pm

stulec52 wrote:Image

this is my collection, about a month ago. I've added another system, and about 25 games since I took it :-)

Beautiful!
Mefffisto

Postby DandruffWookie » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:45 pm

I haven't got allot PSP stuff the last couple of months. This is the only one.. Gundam Battle Royale

https://goo.gl/photos/dRnfu7SA48sohCPZ9

It's the JAP version (i actually don't know if there is a EU/US version actually). it's OK, the mission vary very much in being fun actually. Some missions are really annoying. I give it a 6/10.
DandruffWookie

Postby DandruffWookie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:27 am

In the meanwhile If have some additional new games. Indiana Jones I picked up from a thrift store and the other two came from Japan through Ebay. I love taiko games by the way.

picture looks a bit weird, the fisheye lens didn't really work out in this picture..
DandruffWookie

Postby Flozem » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:26 pm

Another 6 great titles for my collection:

Now I only really want Persona 1, Disgaea 1 & 2, and some more Legend of heroes titles...
Flozem

Postby MatOfTheDead » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:32 pm

ive started collecting psp again picked up a near new condition black slim and lite 2000 for £56 and ive so far got the following games
Gangs Of London (platinum)
Driver 76
Everybodies Golf 2
Gottlieb Pinball Classics
Valkarie Profile Lennith
echochrome
WWE smackdown vs raw 2006 (from my old collection)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
MatOfTheDead

Postby oldmario » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:26 pm

is it possible at all to seperate umd cases without breaking them at all?

friend found a box with a bunch of sealed fifa games on psp and said i could have them if i want and the only real use i could think of for them was to replace broken umd cases and switch with highly scuffed cases
oldmario

Postby hydr0x » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:31 pm

Guys, I just remembered that I still have a factory sealed copy of Elminage Original PAL LE somewhere. Got it back then to play, but never found the time. Anyone know what it's currently worth? Couldn't find any (not even used) on eBay.
hydr0x
Site Admin

Postby Scarecrow1990 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:29 am

hydr0x wrote:Guys, I just remembered that I still have a factory sealed copy of Elminage Original PAL LE somewhere. Got it back then to play, but never found the time. Anyone know what it's currently worth? Couldn't find any (not even used) on eBay.

Saw one sell for around $300 AUD a few months back. But a single sale isn't all that indicative of price. I imagine there would be quite a few interested parties on this site alone, myself included.
Scarecrow1990

Postby Flozem » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:08 am

Saw an unsold one on Ebay at 249 GBP:

http://www.m.ebay.ie/itm/Elminage-Origi ... 1829251709

Another trying to sell it for 300 Euro on some forum.

People at least try to get that amount of cash for a 2013 limited (300pc) release. Wonder where the amount came from... :lol:
Flozem

Postby mchardmanuk » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:55 am

Stupidly, started to collect for another system.

Ignore the other stuff.

mchardmanuk

Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... atistics/m

PreviousNext

Return to Modern Gaming