Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Wii U gaming/collecting

Anything current-gen and last-gen belongs in here. Playstation 3/4, Xbox 360/One, Nintendo Wii/U/Switch, Nintendo DS/3DS and Sony PSP/Vita.

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby Inirius » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:44 am

You should be careful about some « common titles » who are coming to get rarer.

And Cabela FR/UK who seems to become more common :lol:
Inirius
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:49 pm

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby GLA1984 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:49 pm

Some recent additions:

Image

Brazil got some slip covers (printed in USA) for some of the Nintendo published Wii U games. They seemed to stop being made in 2015, but some never got this treatment that were released before. Rio was the final one I think. These aren't all of them that I have, but I have 2 left.
GLA1984
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:04 pm

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby Inirius » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:47 pm

Wow ! This is beautiful !
Have you manage to make a complete list of all the games released with this kind of cover ?
Inirius
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:49 pm

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby GLA1984 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:28 pm

Inirius wrote:Wow ! This is beautiful !
Have you manage to make a complete list of all the games released with this kind of cover ?


As far as I'm aware (thanks to a Brazillian poster on the USA Wii U Facebook group):

Bayonetta 1&2
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Game & Wario
Hyrule Warriors
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD
LEGO City Undercover
Mario & Sonic
Mario Kart 8
New Super Luigi U
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden
Pikmin 3
Smash Bros for Wii U
Super Mario World 3D World
Wonderful 101

I just need LEGO and Pikmin to compete the set.
GLA1984
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:04 pm

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby Inirius » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:26 am

Thank you very much ! These versions are so nice ! I love specific editions like these ones.

Do you know others edition of wii u game in a specific country ?
I guess that Brasil may not be an exception :)
Inirius
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:49 pm

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby -SV- » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:05 am

Dragon Quest X Ibara no Miko to Horobi no Kami Online (Dragon Quest X Version 5) is also coming to the Wii U.
Sadly it's not gonna get a physical edition on the Wii U and the Switch physical edition will only have a download code, but does this mean we are going to get another collection of dragon quest x (1-5) next year?
-SV-
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby MichaelTTT » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:41 am

GLA1984 wrote:Some recent additions:

Image

Brazil got some slip covers (printed in USA) for some of the Nintendo published Wii U games. They seemed to stop being made in 2015, but some never got this treatment that were released before. Rio was the final one I think. These aren't all of them that I have, but I have 2 left.


Those are great! 8-)
MichaelTTT
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:11 am

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby Zeldacollector » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:21 am

since i have now complete euro pal collection i decided to start upgrading some of used copies to sealed ones...i dont think i ever get 100% sealed but i already have hardest one in sealed but zumba i still have as used copy...that probably will be pain to get in sealed.

i have 57 games that are not sealed so its some work there. even quite common games are now harder to find in sealed.
Zeldacollector
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby Caranten » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:32 pm

Another one for the collection:

Image
Caranten
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:14 pm

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby MichaelTTT » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:25 pm

Zeldacollector wrote:since i have now complete euro pal collection i decided to start upgrading some of used copies to sealed ones...i dont think i ever get 100% sealed but i already have hardest one in sealed but zumba i still have as used copy...that probably will be pain to get in sealed.

i have 57 games that are not sealed so its some work there. even quite common games are now harder to find in sealed.

I got Zumba (italian one) sealed, that I may part of it.
Wich ones are the hardest ones your still searching?
MichaelTTT
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:11 am

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby Zeldacollector » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:49 am

ive been also getting normal pal uk dvd case variants from some games....is there any other variants than these i got ?

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Special Edition

Pokken Tournament
Pokken Tournament (incl. Amiibo card)

Sonic Lost World
Sonic Lost World - Deadly Six Edition

Watch Dogs
Watch Dogs - Special Edition
Zeldacollector
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby macarver » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:35 am

Zeldacollector wrote:ive been also getting normal pal uk dvd case variants from some games....is there any other variants than these i got ?

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Special Edition

Pokken Tournament
Pokken Tournament (incl. Amiibo card)

Sonic Lost World
Sonic Lost World - Deadly Six Edition

Watch Dogs
Watch Dogs - Special Edition


Watch Dogs also got an 'ANZ Special Edition' as a regular case sized variant, released only in Australia (and probably New Zealand) as the name suggests.

I think that's it for PAL variants, obviously unless you include the Selects range in that description.
macarver
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:24 am

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby Inirius » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:08 pm

One piece Unlimited world Red also has two variants, one with a sticker, and another without.
Image

(I haven’t a photo of the english version without the sticker ^^’)
Inirius
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:49 pm

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby Caranten » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:50 pm

Atm 20 games left for a complete set. Finally got project Zero dark Waters. Special game in the Wii u set.
Caranten
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:14 pm

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby Sturmwind » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:15 pm

Caranten wrote:Atm 20 games left for a complete set. Finally got project Zero dark Waters. Special game in the Wii u set.


Do you mean Maiden of Black Water, Caranten? (or is there a regional naming variation out there?)
User avatar
Sturmwind
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: Wii U gaming/collecting

Postby Caranten » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:16 pm

Sturmwind wrote:
Caranten wrote:Atm 20 games left for a complete set. Finally got project Zero dark Waters. Special game in the Wii u set.


Do you mean Maiden of Black Water, Caranten? (or is there a regional naming variation out there?)


Sorry my bad. Yes indeed thats the correct name :)
Caranten
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:14 pm

Previous

Return to Modern Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests