Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Nintendo Switch Gaming / Collecting

Anything current-gen and last-gen belongs in here. Playstation 3/4, Xbox 360/One, Nintendo Wii/U/Switch, Nintendo DS/3DS and Sony PSP/Vita.

Re: Nintendo Switch Gaming / Collecting

Postby Travesty » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:39 pm

I finally picked up Nintendo Switch. I got the new model.

The first game I bought was LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2, because it has Marvel 2099 characters. As a game it's fine, nothing amazing, but it has characters from my favourite comics line so it was a no-brainer that I would pick it up.

Rayman Legends is what I have been playing most on my Switch, it's a really good game.

Sine Mora Ex I picked up because it's a cheap shmup, I've had some fun with it. I do want to pick up more shmups at some point.
Travesty

Collection Stats: www.retrocollect.com/videogamedatabase/ ... s/Travesty
Collection Photos: http://www.retrocollect.com/Members-Gam ... on-Photos/

Postby Sturmwind » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:58 pm

Travesty wrote:I finally picked up Nintendo Switch. I got the new model.

The first game I bought was LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2, because it has Marvel 2099 characters. As a game it's fine, nothing amazing, but it has characters from my favourite comics line so it was a no-brainer that I would pick it up.

Rayman Legends is what I have been playing most on my Switch, it's a really good game.

Sine Mora Ex I picked up because it's a cheap shmup, I've had some fun with it. I do want to pick up more shmups at some point.

Nice pick-ups, Travesty.

Good timing too on the improved Switch purchase. That's the way to do it. ;)

I have yet to pick up Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2, I keep meaning to. I had fun with that series on the Wii U.
Sturmwind

Postby Sturmwind » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:34 am

Link's Awakening arrived this morning.

Another rather predictable pick-up. But it does close off an interesting few weeks, in terms of relative quality/unique mainstream Switch releases.
Sturmwind

Postby Sturmwind » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:55 pm

Gekido: Kintaro's Revenge (of GBA fame - and PS1 fame before that) arrived today.

The outer packaging was of a 'Grip: Collectors Edition' level flimsy. I was relatively lucky, but I reckon they are going to get a ton of returns with this one, with various side-splitting creasing issues, they were just asking for trouble using this shipping method (should have used a proper box). If anyone else is expecting theirs soon, all I can say is brace yourself.

Sturmwind

Postby Sturmwind » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:18 pm

This is a game that had been previously lost in ‘transition’ for European 3DS collectors. We never did receive the physical 3DS version in Europe.
Sturmwind

Previous

Return to Modern Gaming