Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Nintendo Switch Gaming / Collecting

Anything current-gen and last-gen belongs in here. Playstation 3/4, Xbox 360/One, Nintendo Wii/U/Switch, Nintendo DS/3DS and Sony PSP/Vita.

Re: Nintendo Switch Gaming / Collecting

Postby Sturmwind » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Image/
Image/

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/0 ... _accessory

This flip-grip design has been doing the rounds for a while now.

The more I think about it, it is going to be unusual to have your left thumb actually above the on screen player craft (controlling something below your thumb).
Sturmwind

Postby Spasho » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:44 pm

The physical edition of Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy is pretty bare bones. Just the game card inside of the case.

On the plus side, the 2 DLC levels are included in the game card. Graphically, it looks a tad blurry and not as detailed, neither is Crash furry like on PS4. You could say the Switch version's inferior graphics are closer to PS1's Crash Bandicoot.
Spasho

Postby Flozem » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:33 pm

Spasho wrote:The physical edition of Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy is pretty bare bones. Just the game card inside of the case.

On the plus side, the 2 DLC levels are included in the game card. Graphically, it looks a tad blurry and not as detailed, neither is Crash furry like on PS4. You could say the Switch version's inferior graphics are closer to PS1's Crash Bandicoot.

Yeah... the lack of a reverse cover or manual was a real letdown...
Flozem

Collection Stats: www.retrocollect.com/videogamedatabase/ ... ics/Flozem

Will You Pay the Yearly Nintendo Switch $20/€20/£18?

Postby Spasho » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:55 pm

Can't say I will but have to hand it to Nintendo that $20 a year is a pretty decent price for getting "free" games and playing online, plus exclusive discounts.

The only game I ever play online on the Switch is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and even then, I only play once a week or so, for me playing on the Switch isn't as exciting as it once was or gaming as a whole. Still fun, though. I'll definitely be completing the three Crash Bandicoot games as I never bothered doing back then (had the original CDs for limited time and then didn't want to play it on emulators).

By the way, kind of cheeky of Nintendo to charge the same exact amount of dollars as it is in euros. xD
Spasho

Re: Will You Pay the Yearly Nintendo Switch $20/€20/£18?

Postby Flozem » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:44 am

No, as I rarely played online on my WiiU and I hated the Splatoon controls. I bought only singleplayer games on the Switch so far, and will limit any future games to local multiplayer.
Flozem

Collection Stats: www.retrocollect.com/videogamedatabase/ ... ics/Flozem

Postby Sturmwind » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:39 pm

Octopath Traveler receives a score of – 9/9/9/9 at Famitsu.
Sturmwind

Postby mchardmanuk » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:55 pm

Sturmwind wrote:Octopath Traveler receives a score of – 9/9/9/9 at Famitsu.

I coulddn;t get on with it but I really want to give it another try as it will be perfect for passing the hours when travelling.
mchardmanuk

Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... atistics/m

Postby mchardmanuk » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:56 pm

Flozem wrote:
Spasho wrote:The physical edition of Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy is pretty bare bones. Just the game card inside of the case.

Yeah... the lack of a reverse cover or manual was a real letdown...

Did the PS4 version get the 2 bonus levels or was it just one.

I think it's a kick in the teeth for Sony fans considering the games roots if it doesn;t come with both.
mchardmanuk

Postby Spasho » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:18 pm

mchardmanuk wrote:I coulddn;t get on with it but I really want to give it another try as it will be perfect for passing the hours when travelling.

Same. I tried the demo but it killed my interest because there was far too much text and I didn't care about it, I just wanted to play the darn thing. :P

mchardmanuk wrote:Did the PS4 version get the 2 bonus levels or was it just one.

I think it's a kick in the teeth for Sony fans considering the games roots if it doesn;t come with both.

Both DLC levels are available digitally for free though Stormy Ascent was once sold at $2.99 but free now, nonetheless. I read something about new PS4 copies containing the DLC levels on the disc but not entirely sure about the veracity of that.
Spasho

Postby mchardmanuk » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:12 pm

I got a code with mine, think I printed it and left it in the case.
mchardmanuk

Postby Spasho » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:56 pm

mchardmanuk wrote:I got a code with mine, think I printed it and left it in the case.

Really? My copy has the DLC levels on the game card.

That's odd you got a redeemable code.
Spasho

Postby RadioShadow » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:22 pm

Spasho wrote:
mchardmanuk wrote:I coulddn;t get on with it but I really want to give it another try as it will be perfect for passing the hours when travelling.

Same. I tried the demo but it killed my interest because there was far too much text and I didn't care about it, I just wanted to play the darn thing. :P

mchardmanuk wrote:Did the PS4 version get the 2 bonus levels or was it just one.

Both DLC levels are available digitally for free though Stormy Ascent was once sold at $2.99 but free now, nonetheless. I read something about new PS4 copies containing the DLC levels on the disc but not entirely sure about the veracity of that.

I saw a PS4 copy of "Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy" in Tesco which mentioned about the bonus levels, so it is true it is getting a re-release with the updated content. Shame having to install the content onto the hard drive which defeats the bloody purpose when you can download the content for free onto the hard drive.

Switch version FTW!
RadioShadow

Postby Spasho » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:46 pm

Found this info rather interesting about FighterZ for Switch pre-order bonuses:

Amazon wrote:Redemption codes will be provided separately via email 48h prior to the release date.
To qualify, you must pre-order:
• Dragon Ball FighterZ (Switch)

The full Offer includes:
• Early unlock access to Goku (SSGSS) and Vegeta (SSGSS) in game characters
• Access to the classical NES Game: Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden

So, they send it 48hrs prior to the launch of the game and it includes the NES Game DBZ Super Butouden... lol. It came out on SNES unless they mean the pirated version. Of course not, but that's still a funny typo. :P

By the way, it would have been awesome if it was featured on the game card like Crash Bandicoot's 2 DLC levels are on N. Sane Trilogy. Same goes for the Blue Goku and Blue Vegeta (as a DB fan I've never really liked the blue form, sincerely).
Spasho

Postby DQ187 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:20 pm

Updated Switch Collection! :P dont think its been too long since i posted it but up to 85 titles now and ran out of room so i had to give them a shelf finally! Definitely my favorite system to play and collect for lately!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlA9n_plYdb ... qkdkr0v8bl
DQ187

Postby Sturmwind » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:31 am

DQ187 wrote:Updated Switch Collection! :P dont think its been too long since i posted it but up to 85 titles now and ran out of room so i had to give them a shelf finally! Definitely my favorite system to play and collect for lately!

Good stuff, DQ187.

And there is a very definite left-to-right diagonal being formed by the spine text there. :)
Sturmwind

Postby DQ187 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:08 pm

Sturmwind wrote:
DQ187 wrote:Updated Switch Collection! :P dont think its been too long since i posted it but up to 85 titles now and ran out of room so i had to give them a shelf finally! Definitely my favorite system to play and collect for lately!

Good stuff, DQ187.

And there is a very definite left-to-right diagonal being formed by the spine text there. :)

Lol, yeah, i try and organize by the size of the spine writing. :P
DQ187

Postby Sturmwind » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Shelter Generations arrived this morning. But I think it's a bit of a shame/missed opportunity that the package doesn't also include the first 'Badger' game (think that was the best of the series).

Sturmwind

Postby Sturmwind » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:57 am

Octopath Traveller arrived today. It's a slightly bigger box than I expected, for some reason I expected one of their smaller ones.

I can see myself putting down Monster Hunter: World for a bit and sinking hours in to this, following the paths/arcs of all eight strands/characters.
Sturmwind

Postby Spasho » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:33 pm

The USA Ver. of My Nintendo has downloadable/printable covers of Octopath Traveler and Splatoon 2 OctoExpansion, if anyone's interested. They also have wallpapers not released on the EUR Ver. of My Nintendo. I'd not mind sharing it here but I think that's considered piracy.

If you have plenty of Silver coins on your EUR account, just change it to USA and use it towards it. Lots of cool stuff for 'free'.
Spasho

PreviousNext

Return to Modern Gaming