Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Original Xbox Database missing lots of games & scans.

Contains (read-only) all pre-2015 topics from the database discussion forum until they are sorted into the (new) proper subforums.

Original Xbox Database missing lots of games & scans.

Postby XBOXMASTER69 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:17 pm

Hello & greeting to all members as well as admins :)
I came across this site after the usual Google ssearch & decided to join. It seemed like a great forum & a great place to catalog my collection. Was however very surprised once i started by how many scans(pics of game) & actual games were missing from the list; Some of these games are quite common,yet arent included. One game thats missing was included but only as a double pack with another game. So far off the top of my head theres about 30 odd games(maybe more) i can see missing from the list,all PAL region. I can say this for certainty as i have about 620 original xbox games but the sites saying i only have about 580. Bit of a difference,lol. If you were to go onto NTSC then theres 230 odd NTSC region only games missing & about the same in NTSC/J region only.Below is a list of a few of the games i can think of off the top of my head. Question is will the database be updated anytime soon & be corrected anytime soon? Thanks in advance :)

Missing games(example):
Ninja Gaiden Black(only listed as a doublepack??)
V8 Supercars
V8 Supercars 2
V8 Supercars 3
Melbourne Cup Racing
World War II Combat Iwo Jima
World War II Combat Road to Berlin
XBOXMASTER69

Re: Original Xbox Database missing lots of games & scans.

Postby hydr0x » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi and thanks for your input :)

I'm afraid though that those games are not missing, or rather, you have a different opinion of what a game is. Local variants are not different games, neither are slightly updated re-releases.

V8 Supercars
V8 Supercars 2
V8 Supercars 3
Melbourne Cup Racing

Are all local (Australian) variants of games (TOCA 1-3, Frankie Dettori Racing).

Ninja Gaiden Black is currently not deemed different enough from Ninja Gaiden to qualify as a distinct game entry, although I admit this is one of the cornercase and might(!) change once we have a very precise final definition of "game". Currently, it's treated like the GOTY edition of Morrowind: as an edition.

World War II Combat Iwo Jima
World War II Combat Road to Berlin

Don't exits in a PAL version to my knowledge. None of our users with complete Xbox collections have claimed so thus far. If you happen to own PAL versions of these, please show us a picture and we'll get them added asap.

And yes, in general, the Xbox list is PAL-only right now as are others. We plan to cover US (and Japanese), but that's not currently the case for this system.

As for scans, well, those are up to the users :) We don't steal scans from other websites like some other databases out there, so it's all up to you Xbox fans :D You can find a tutorial on how to contribute them right here: Link
hydr0x
Site Admin

Re: Original Xbox Database missing lots of games & scans.

Postby xboxcellent » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:38 pm

I am a little confused behind the thinking of not including game variants (toca/dtm) (frankie dettori/Melbourne) etc etc, but what are included are game compilations where the games are just the same as they are individually listed. :?:

I personally would like to see the variants listed :D

Great website though Guys.
xboxcellent

Return to Archive