Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Ultimate Dreamcast Database!

If you want to help researching variants of games, like regional versions, this is the right place. Pick your system's topic and head on in.

Ultimate Dreamcast Database!

Postby Dutchie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:55 am

Hello fellow collectors,

I need your help to get the final pieces together to complete the whole PAL Dreamcast variant list.

Many years back I started to collect data for every single Sega game released, but then my interest faded away (It’s a lot of work) and I was only put some spare time into collecting now and then. For 3 months back I decided to complete the lists starting with the Dreamcast (I think that will be the most work) and I’m up to around 500 games now, including the ones below.

When the list is complete I will point the new entries to the site admins, if they want it, so they can update the database. It will become the most accurate database online, I’m sure about that. At the moment I have confirmed (rough guess) 30 new entries that need to be made, 60 corrections that need to be done and a dozen commands that can be added.

How do you know these are the final pieces?
I don’t, but after months and plenty hours of work I found patterns that indicate some game variants need to exist and they did. I found many of them, but it can take up 1 hour or more to just find 1 game image of the backside or even none, that’s the point when they are put on this list. I think that when I have proof of the list below, 98% is covered.

This is just the first rundown I did, I will do a second one when most of these games are covered. The second list will contain any suspicious game, even I know it can’t be in existing, I will put it on there just to make sure it is documented. But let’s not prejudge on those facts and concentrate on these first.

Can I help out?
I encourage everyone that has one or more games from the list below to check them out. Due to the internet nowadays, it is pretty common that foreign releases are spread out over whole Europe. Maybe you bought it inlands, but the previous owner didn’t, who knows.

What do you need?
I need mostly picture/image proof of the back case, especially the part around the barcode need to be readable. If I need addition information, it is outlined in the command section for that particular game. High resolution photos are appreciated. If you are not able to show a picture, please provide me the barcode number so I can crosscheck it with my database and online. If I still can’t find it, I will PM you with my email to beam the image over.

Quick overview.
To save you time to browse thru the whole list, I made this quick overview for all the games I need conformation on.

Dragon Riders: Chronicles of Pern
Evil Dead: Hail to the King
Evil Twin: Cyprien´s Chronicles
Grandia II
Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000
MoHo
NBA 2K
NHL 2K
Outtrigger
Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2
Planet Ring
Pro Pinball Trilogy
SEGA GT
South Park: Chef´s Luv Shack
Spawn: In the Demon´s Hand
Spider-Man
Star Wars Episode 1 (Racer and Jedi Power Battles)
Star Wars: Demolition
Stupid Invaders
Surf Rocket Racers
Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing
Sydney 2000
Tomb Raider: Chronicles
UEFA Dream Soccer
UEFA Striker (entry 1)
UEFA Striker (entry 2)
Unreal Tournament
Virtua Tennis 2

Let’s Start…
Game: Dragon Riders: Chronicles of Pern
Variant: T-17716D-??
Existing percentage: 10%
Commend: The only language missing is the Spanish one. Known versions are -62 and -91 that doesn’t contain Spanish. Does someone have this game with at least Spanish language include on the back?

Game: Evil Dead: Hail to the King
Variant: T-10005D-56
Existing percentage: 30%
Commend: The only language missing is the Italian one. Known versions are -05, -80 and -83, I think a -56 (UK + Italian) is missing from that list, but that is my guess, the part number can also be something ells if it exist.

Game: Evil Twin: Cyprien´s Chronicles
Variant: T-46605D-??
Commend: The only language missing is the Italian one. Known versions are -71 and -80 that doesn’t contain Italian. Does someone have this game with at least Italian language include on the back?

Game: Grandia II
Variant: T-17715D-??
Commend: Does this game have a release in Italy and Spain? The only versions known today are -05, -09 and -18. It can be 2 releases, one for Italy (-13) and one for Spain (-06) or mixed together (-60), maybe include English as well (-61), or even none exit.

Game: Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000
Variant: T-8114D-56
Existing percentage: 1%
Commend: This version is stored in the database (http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... cross-2000) but I think it is a typo and it need to be T-8114D-59. I need conformation if I’m correct or proof that T-8114D-56 exist.

Game: MoHo
Variant: T-40508D-??
Commend: I found this barcode: 4974365503079 on the back of an image related to this game. The languages on the back are: UK, France, German, Spanish, Italian. The odd thing is that it looks legit, but the barcode also match MSR (Metropolis Street racer). That’s why I think it is bogus and maybe custom made by using the PS1 version, but need photo proof otherwise to confirm. The only known version of this game has UK and German language, so everything besides this is unique and love to see more language variations when they exist.

Game: NBA 2K
Variant: MK-51004-56
Existing percentage: 95%
Commend: This need to be a UK + Italian release, I’m almost certain it exist!

Game: NHL 2K
Variant: MK-51025-13
Existing percentage: 90%
Commend: This is an exclusive Italian release! No other language is featured on the back, only Italian.

Game: Outtrigger
Variant: MK-51102-??
Commend: I found the picture below of a totally different front cover spread around the internet. Gray/blue instate of orange and the blue line with “Online Functions” doesn’t supposed to be there. I think it is fake, but if someone can proof otherwise, please do. I like to see a photo of front and back!

Game: Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2
Variant: MK-51193-50
Existing percentage: 80%
Commend: This game is listed here on RetroCollect as the first version, the second release -64 and third release -98 I have proof on. I like to see an image of the MK-51193-50 release.
In addition to the -98, in the database -89 is displayed, but I think that is a typo copied from DigitalPress, please confirm or proof that -89 also exist.
(http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... nline-ver2)

Game: Planet Ring
Variant: Multi, read command
Existing percentage: 40%
Commend: A lot of people can help out with this, it is a very common game, but also very complex because a lot of information is wrong and need to be corrected. I have found 4 entries and 3 of them I have conformation on, but the product codes in the database here don’t match. I will give the rundown below, so read carefully.
MK-51148-50: Everyone that owns a boxed version with microphone please check if it has this number on the outer box. I found this somewhere but I can only find images of the MK-51148-64 version.
MK-51148-64: In the RetroCollect database this MK-51125-64 number is used for the boxed version with microphone. I think this is a typo because I never saw it before. Can someone confirm or have proof otherwise. (http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... lanet-ring).
MK-51225-50: I never seen this number, got it from DigitalPress as been a boxed version with microphone, but don’t think it is correct. Need proof on this one.
MK-51125-50: This number is printed on the back of a normal DC game case, it has no barcode. This game was packed with the MK-51148-64. The lack of the barcode indicate that it has not been sold separately.
820-0606-50: This is the game packed in a jewel case, with no barcode or MK number. I like to know where it is sold? or give away.
Other: I hope you all can follow me on this one, I cleared it out the best I could. If you find any info that I didn’t cover please tell, like this game in a normal DC case with barcode.

Game: Pro Pinball Trilogy
Variant: T-30701D-13 and T-30701D-47
Existing percentage: 15%
Commend: There are 4 variants proofed (-05, -06, -09, -18), but maybe the additional variants above do also exit. That The Netherlands (-47) has no release, I can imagine, but that Italy (-13) is left out I find harder to understand.

Game: SEGA GT
Variant: MK-51053-??
Commend: I found the picture below of a totally different front cover spread around the internet. I think it is fake, but if someone can proof otherwise, please do. I like to see a photo of front and back!

Game: South Park: Chef´s Luv Shack
Variant: T-8105D-06
Existing percentage: 99%
Commend: This is an Spanish release and it is almost identical to the Italian release because both back sides share the same 2 languages. It need to have this unique variant number printed on the case.

Game: Spawn: In the Demon´s Hand
Variant: T-36816D-??
Commend: There are 2 known variants, -05 (UK) and -72 (France/Spain), it looks like some variants are missing.

Game: Spider-Man
Variant: T-13011D-13
Commend: This need to be a German variant. The logic with Activision releases indicate that this variant need to be exist.

Game: Star Wars Episode 1 (Racer and Jedi Power Battles)
Variant: Multi, read command
Commend: These 2 games in the Star Wars franchise where only released in -05, -09 and -18, what we know off. The only proof I found is that these games where sold as -05 and a sticker with Italian respectively Spanish language was placed on the back cover. Can people confirm that or proof otherwise.

Game: Star Wars: Demolition
Variant: T-13010D-09
Commend: This need to be a France variant. The logic with Activision releases indicate that this variant need to be exist.

Game: Stupid Invaders
Variant: T-17711D-71?
Commend: I have strong evidence that this -71 (UK, Germany, Italian, Dutch) is released with 2 different barcodes. The one I can find proof on has 3307211305199 on the back, but there need also be one with 3307211304642 on the back. At this point I don’t know more then they need to be identical, but like to compare it with some photo proof. Maybe there is also a Spanish release, a unique France release exist, even Dutch is on the -71 variant, hard to believe no Spanish version exist.

Game: Surf Rocket Racers
Variant: T-17721D-18?
Existing percentage: 25%
Commend: I don’t believe it exist because at my knowledge every game that is published by Crave is Multilanguage and has no variants, but there are some odd things about this. I found this EAN “3307211305793” and it seems to be connected to this game. Put it in Google and see, around 14 results will pop up (no back cover picks unfortunately). The EAN seems to be unique, but I need proof that it exist and more info about the region release. It could also be a later pressing or something and only changed the EAN. I really like to know more about this one!

Game: Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing
Variant: T-17703D-05?
Existing percentage: 95%
Commend: Another unique barcode I found 3307211303553 that I believe belongs to this variant. Is it true that there is an exclusive UK variant of this game with this barcode?
Like “Ready 2 Rumble Boxing” that also had a unique UK release.

Game: Sydney 2000
Variant: T-36808D-06
Existing percentage: 100%
Commend: This game exist, but I need the EAN and a photo of the back. I only find front covers.

Game: Tomb Raider: Chronicles
Variant: T-36815D-47
Existing percentage: 25%
Commend: This need to be an exclusive Dutch version. I have no evidence that it can exist, but there is a small change it does because Tomb Raider 4 has a Dutch exclusive release.

Game: UEFA Dream Soccer
Variant: MK-51095-13 and -47
Existing percentage: 50%
Commend: I can’t believe that this game hasn’t a Italian (-13) release. Italy has always be a soccer nation, the change of existing for Italy I assume on 90%. The change that it has a Dutch release isn’t high, but anyway I give it a shot!

Game: UEFA Striker
Variant: T-15102D-46
Existing percentage: 45%
Commend: This game got already an entry her at RetroCollect, but the language part is blank/unknown. I found this variant myself many years back on DigitalPress and also never found proof of it existents. Also the code -46 is never used before. If it exist I think this variant belongs to Portugal and is complete Portuguese on the back, but I can be wrong. Love to get proof for this one!
Remember that every game has T-15102D-50 as a game code, but on the back below the barcode left site there is a number starting with 820-xxxx-yy, the yy part contains the variant number. Example, the Spanish version is: 820-0111-06, in this case it need to be: 820-xxxx-46.

Game: UEFA Striker
Variant: T-15102D-50
Commend: This game got an entry her at RetroCollect, but I doubt it existents because it make no sense. It’s in the middle of the list and called “Europe – UK Import”. I like to see a front and back of this game, front because every UEFA Striker game has a unique front cover.
(http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... fa-striker)

Game: Unreal Tournament
Variant: T-15113D-60
Existing percentage: 30%
Commend: It’s hard to believe that every game from Infogrames has a Italian and Spain release, except this one. The -60 I’m not sure, but is the most logically.

Game: Virtua Tennis 2
Variant: MK-51186-??
Commend: I found the picture below of a different front cover spread around the internet, the most right player is a man instate of a girl (Vanessa Williams I suppose). I’m almost sure it is fake, but if someone can proof otherwise, please do. I like to see a photo of front and back!

Roundup
In advance, a BIG thank you to all that have read this and helped out.
I sincerely hope you guys and girls can solve the last pieces with me.

On any conformation below I will update this list so it will only show accurate info.
Dutchie

Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... atistics/D

Re: Ultimate Dreamcast Database!

Postby cjblfc » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:29 pm

Do you still need help with this? I have an almost complete PAL collection so may be able to offer some assistance.
cjblfc

Postby hydr0x » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:54 am

Any news on this? We'd like to add any missing variants to our database, ideally before we convert to our new database format :)
hydr0x
Site Admin

Postby Jonverine » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:30 pm

very interesting this, if i can help at all let me know as i have a full PAL set.
url=http://www.retrocollect.com/videogamedatabase/users/collection/Jonverine]Image[/url]
Jonverine

View Collection: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... on/statist
Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... tatistics/

Return to Game Variant Research