Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Retrocollect Gamestash Challenge

All discussions regarding classic/retro games belong in here.
No matter which console or system, it's a welcome discussion.

Re: Retrocollect Gamestash Challenge

Postby n-g-m » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:15 pm

@Bosshogg

No probs at all ;) It may help the munky stretch his lead!

You can still take part if you want? Let me know and I'll allocate you a place on the leaderboard :D
n-g-m

Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... atistics/n

Postby gingerraccoon » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:11 am

Mysterion continues to knock it out the park and make the rest of us look bad lol.

Just an FYI, there’s a £1 final seller eBay promo for tmrw and mon if you’re eligible and accept; my purchases will finally be going up. So might finally have some movement again.
gingerraccoon

Postby gingerraccoon » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:39 am

...and miraculolously I sold mario kart/zelda in a mere matter of hours on the 'bay. Very pleasantly suprised. Thought it'd struggle to shift, especially at £29.99 in its condition but shift it did, leaving me with £25.41 after fees (£5.41 profit). Added to my previous left over shrapnel, that leaves me with £27.07 and Luigis mansion still on ebay. Have already bid the lot on summit finishing at lunch time lol.
gingerraccoon

Postby Bosshogg » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:21 pm

@n-g-m

Ah thanks for the offer, I don't think i'd have the time to dedicate to the challenge (the Multitap is probably the only bargain i've had all year!)

When i see all the buying and selling going on it must be taking hours of your time - currently i'm limited to popping into CEX and "Second Hand Shop like Cash Converters" (Word replacement due to complaint from said company) during my lunchbreaks occasionally, which is slim pickings (bargain wise) to say the least.

I will watch with interest though, it's encouraging to see the success people are having.
Bosshogg

Postby n-g-m » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:54 pm

@ Gingerraccoon - updated and congrats on the quick sale. I've got watchers on my Singstar mics and some games but I need sales not watchers :lol:

@Bosshogg - no worries mate. Glad we're entertaining you! When it's the school holidays I get to spend more time on these little ventures otherwise I'm mainly stuck to weekend hunting and placing random bids on eBay throughout the week. I agree that bargains in the places you mentioned are pretty much non existent though.
n-g-m

Postby gingerraccoon » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Ta very much ngm. And I won’t lie Bosshog, I do spend a lot of time trawling eBay. Every once in a while I have an epiphany that the hours spent pawing over lots to save the odd pound would be far better spent elsewhere, but where’s the fun in that eh.
gingerraccoon

Postby n-g-m » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Today's pick-ups!

All for £7 :D

Not keeping any of it so it's all going up for sale to raise my cash flow so I can get something I want...
n-g-m

Postby gingerraccoon » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Despite radio silence I’ve been busy selling and buying and it’s a matter of what I attribute to this challenge. So I sold luigis mansion bringing my cash to £46.81 after all fees and postage and with that I bought mario kart and smash bro’s complete for £28.45:

That leaves me with £18.36 and I’ve finally bought something for the collection but am awaiting Tuesdays post back at work to take it off my tally. Also another £1 weekend on eBay so everything’s going straight back up.
gingerraccoon

Postby n-g-m » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:43 pm

I've updated your stats Gingerraccoon - coming along quite nicely and I wonder what arrived in the post?

I've managed to make £3 back but it was a bit of a weird one. I bundled some of those PS2 games with a few more which weren't from the challenge and sold them for £10 - however there were only 2 from this challenge so it work out at £3 better off.

I've agreed a deal with Spence for all of those PS1 games for £20 to get some cash back but he hasn't paid or collected them yet. I shall update when that happens.

As the summer holidays are drawing to a close my car-booting opportunities will dry up so I can see myself relying on Facebook for possible steals and eBay for anything I want in particular. I might try to get some popular titles as cheap as possible at auction and then try to re-sell them. Not sure yet, but I reckon I will probably not be getting any great scores - but who knows?
n-g-m

Postby gingerraccoon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:33 pm

I’m STILL waiting to see what’s coming in the post ngm lol. Supposed to be boxed yoshis story but was suspiciously cheap at £14, hence not throwing it in till it’s in my possession; had a few of them on eBay recently.

Mario Kart definitely has sold though and in less than 24 hours, so after fees etc I add £16.85 to the kitty.

So hopefully there’ll be -£14 come Monday but at the mo just gonna count Crash Bandicoot XS for the gameboy advance at £2.44 as my first keeper, leaving me with £32.77 with smash bros to sell still.
gingerraccoon

Postby n-g-m » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:27 pm

You're all up-to date for the moment then Gingerraccoon!

I have had some sales too. I accepted a best offer of £6.75 which will lave me with £4.50 after fees etc... so I've added that and then that PS1 bundle was sold to none other than Spence for a bargain price of £20 locally. I just wanted quick cash for this challenge and only paid £5 for them all so couldn't really lose! Slowly getting there. I had sold another bundle but after seeing two different foreign addresses, eBay advised me to send posted recorded airmail. I asked buyer for an extra £4 to cover it but he never replied so I figures it was a bit fishy and refunded him and relisted it. No pick-ups for this challenge to add but I did get a nice set of PS2/3 Ratchet and Clank games for £15 but sadly it was out of my budget because it was before Spence bought the PS1 bundle :(

You'll still see it in my collection challenge blog though!

Oh almost forgot I was being a nice big brother and let my sister have Hit & Run for the PS2 for nothing :lol:
n-g-m

Postby wappersha » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:54 pm

Few pickups sunday -

PS2:
Gregory Horror Show £1
Castlevania £1

360:
Skate 3: £2
Simpsons Game £2
Need for Speed Most Wanted (Original version) £2

Gregory and NFS into the collection, the other 3 up to sell.
wappersha

Postby gingerraccoon » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:38 pm

Just when you thought you had me up to date ngm...

Smash bro’s sold with a hard profit of £22.52, and a complete, but inlayless, yoshis story for n64 FINALLY turned up, but a bit of a bargain at £14. Need to try and find a cheeky insert though. So my maths says I’m at: crash xs (gba), yoshi story (n64) and £41.29 in the kitty. I’ve got hopefully my next 2 sales winging their way to me as we speak though, so as soon as you update ngm i’ll have some more work for you ;)

Keep up the good work kids, good to see people going strong still.
gingerraccoon

Postby n-g-m » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:06 am

Nice pick ups Wappersha. All added for you!

Glad in finally arrived Gingerraccoon. You're managed to shift those GameCube things quickly - you'll have to tell us the secret! All updated too
n-g-m

Postby gingerraccoon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:21 am

Cheers for updating ngm. I think it’s a little bit of luck, a little bit of tactics. There’s been a good run of eBay £1 final fee weekends recently, but I also realised if I knew I was buying GameCube games I could list a “tbc” listing in the offer window and update it when the next item arrives. That way I’m not sat on my hands waiting for the next one. Also realised after buying a few higher ticket items in my personal trading recently to aspire to better margins, that the £20 odd quid big name GameCube games are far more affordable to the masses and desirable to the whole spectrum of casual to collectors so do go fairly sharply once up. Smaller but more regular profits. Every day’s a school day and that.
gingerraccoon

Postby n-g-m » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:25 pm

I'm nearly out of stuff to sell now as the Destruction Derby bundle on PS1 went for £15 a few minutes ago. After fees etc we are looking at £10.50 clear so that's going to be added to my cash total. If I can shift those mics and my remaining PS1 shizzle I might have a reasonable bank balance.
n-g-m

Postby Dury » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:38 pm

Been abit inactive on the forum recently but I have updates to post at some point :)
Adventure time, pokémon & GC.
Dury

Postby gingerraccoon » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:22 pm

So I eluded to 2 items being on their way to me last time round; one was a complete f-zero gx for GameCube for £7. I’d only myself forked out £18 for a copy a month or so earlier, so that’s to sell, and the 2nd item is actually a bit of a project now. A gameboy but needs it’s screen fixing and will take me a while to get round to so not currently being counted. That dissapointment was counteracted with a ‘best offer’ negotiation to get smash bros melee (again) for £16.40. Also for sale. So 2 games banked, 2 to sell and £17.86 in the kitty.
gingerraccoon

Postby n-g-m » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:24 am

Updated! Been rather busy these last two weeks since the new academic year started.
n-g-m

Postby gingerraccoon » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:16 pm

lol, i'm not taking the mick ngm, i promise, but got another update:

So i had £17.86 in the kitty, and f zero sold and got posted yesterday, leaving me with £15.40 after fees, so a total of £33.26

Then came the scene which played out like a, probably deleted, scene from Indiana Jones; I'd been on the look out for MGS twin snakes for quite a long time, I'd bought one for the obscenely cheap price of £30 a few months ago, only to be strung out by the ebay seller when he realised he'd undervalued and eventually refunded. After the prices seemed to be going up and up, caved in and negotiated a nice copy for £40 a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, yesterday i see a complete copy come up for £35 BIN and i think "aww what might have been". Settle down with t'other half to watch ready player one (very good, with lots of cool references) and just check FB as the credits start. See someone mention 10% off ebay, flick to hot uk deals, there it is. Ends at 8pm, it's 7:55pm, go to ebay, somehow the games still there. Hand. Snapped. Off. Soooo very long story short, got MGS twin snakes for £31.49 on its way. Smash bros has just gone live on ebay too. So to summarise...

Gingerraccoon:
Games added: Crash Bandicoot XS (GBA), Yoshis Story (N64)
Cash available: £1.77
Items to sell: Smash Bros Melee (GC), MGS Twin Snakes (GC)
gingerraccoon

PreviousNext

Return to Retro Gaming