Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Retrocollect Gamestash Challenge

All discussions regarding classic/retro games belong in here.
No matter which console or system, it's a welcome discussion.

Re: Retrocollect Gamestash Challenge

Postby n-g-m » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:42 am

So I decided to nip into my mates shop to have a chat and ended up buying this for £15. Cracking game and will surely get played over the next few days when everyone else is watching crap TV movies!

Stats now look like this:

n-g-m:
Games added: Marvel vs Capcom 2, Atelier Iris 2 (PS2), Vampire Rain (Xbox 360), Dragon's Dogma & A Realm Reborn (PS3), Combat of Giants: Dragons (DS), CTR (PS1), Super Mario Advance 4 (GBA)
Cash available: £61
Items to sell: - 4 PS1 games

NGM still on a large surge to try and steal it at the death maybe? No doubt, others will have different ideas...
n-g-m

Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... atistics/n

Postby gingerraccoon » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:45 am

So with the concerted decision not to list anything on ebay last £1 fvf weekend to avoid the faff over xmas and the spendature of all but all my dosh, i'm calling my gamestash haul. Will put pics at some point but this is what I've got. Some is to sell still but it's all keepers till the new year i guess:

Games:
Wii U
Shovel Knight

Wii
uDraw tablet and game

GBA
Crash Bandicoot XS
Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland

PS3
Castle of illusion remaster

PS2
Mashed

N64
Yoshi's story
Micro Machines 64

Gamecube
2 x luigis mansion
cel damage
Spyro - enter the dragonfly
sonic gems collection
wario world (disc and manual only, but disputing this)
007 nightfire
spiderman
Donald duck quack attack

snes
110-1 multicart to play on me supaboy

other
3 x tomb raider strategy guides
history of sonic the hedgehog book
sonic the hedgehog t shirt

money left: £1.41

Those which are buyable on cex would set me back £202, but that's only about 75% of the stuff here, so all in all pretty chuffed. Think i've mentioned before but instead of just basing whether I have dosh in my paypal it's been a good exercise in factoring all the fees and postage.

Oh and Merry Christmas fellow retrocollectors. Hope Santa brings you something nice, and retro.
gingerraccoon

Postby n-g-m » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:34 pm

I quite like your Cex value to give yourself an estimate of what it would have cost you buying it all Gingerraccoon ;) Looking at my Cex total it is £155 so you're ahead of me there!

Well there are two days left and I think I am done following these last two purchases barring some bargain BINs being listed in the next couple of days.

I am quite pleased as I snagged these on eBay. Both had the title US Version which I think put some buyers off.

I bought Baten Kaitos on Gamecube for £22. It had no pictures either so I asked the guy to message me some pics and it was the PAL version nice and complete.
The other purchase was Jet Set Radio Future on original Xbox. This also had US version in the title but the picture was clearly PAL and complete. He had 99p start auction with best offer so I chanced it with a £10 offer all in. He accepted and that was that!

They both haven't arrived yet but have been dispatched so I'm looking forward to receiving them.

I forget to bid on Lucifers Call on PS2 and that went for £6, otherwise I might've had another game in the bag...

So two more games bought for £32

n-g-m:
Games added: Marvel vs Capcom 2, Atelier Iris 2 (PS2), Vampire Rain (Xbox 360), Dragon's Dogma & A Realm Reborn (PS3), Combat of Giants: Dragons (DS), CTR (PS1), Super Mario Advance 4 (GBA), Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox), Baten Kaitos (Gamecube)
Cash available: £29
Items to sell: - 4 PS1 games
n-g-m

Postby n-g-m » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:51 pm

n-g-m wrote:
MysterionMunky:
Games added: Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 4 (GBC), Super Mario Bros Deluxe (GBC), Mario Smash Football (GC), Mario Power Tennis (GC), Jungle Green N64 + Controller, Super DropZone (SNES), Super Mario 64 (N64), Super Mario All-Stars, Super Bomberman, Mario Paint, Vegas Stakes, Donkey Kong Country (all SNES)
Final Cash left: £3

Nolivesleft:
Games added: PS3 360gb Slim console & Pad, Tomb Raider Trilogy & Crysis 2 (both PS3)
Final cash left: £11

Kozmos:
Games added: Resident Evil 4 (Wii), Wii Remote, 5 Wii games (inc Mario Kart, Mario Party & Twilight Princess)
Final cash left: £22

Gingerraccoon:
Games added: Crash Bandicoot XS & Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA), Yoshis Story * Micro Machines (N64), Tomb Raider Revelation, 2&3 Strategy Guides, Mashed (PS2), The History of Sonic the Hedgehog (book), uDraw tablet & game (wii), shovel knight (wii u), Castle of Illusion (PS3), Sonic Collection, 007 Nightfire, Luigi's Mansion x2, Cel Damage, Spyro Enter the Dragonfly, Wario World, Spiderman & Quack Attack (all GC), Sonic T Shirt, 110 in 1 cart (SNES)
Final Cash left: £1.41

Dury:
Games added: 3 Gamecube Cases
Final cash left: £36

n-g-m:
Games added: Marvel vs Capcom 2, Atelier Iris 2 (PS2), Vampire Rain (Xbox 360), Dragon's Dogma & A Realm Reborn (PS3), Combat of Giants: Dragons (DS), CTR + 4 other games (PS1), Super Mario Advance 4 (GBA), Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox), Baten Kaitos (Gamecube)
Final cash left: £29

Wappersha:
Games added: Wolf Link Amiibo, Gregory Horror Show (PS2), Need for Speed Most Wanted - 2005 (Xbox 360), Castlevania (PS2), Skate 3 & Simpsons Game (Xbox 360)
Final Cash left: £25

So the final results are in for this challenge and the results are impressive!

Headline Data:

MysterionMunky grabs a Jungle Green N64 console with a few games, a bunch of SNES games and some other quality titles for just £22!

Nolivesleft catches a 60Gb PS3 console and a couple of games for a bargain £14!

Kozmos bags 6 Wii games and a remote for just £3!

Gingerraccoon adds all sorts including some pricier titles such as Kirby on GBA and Yoshi's Story on N64. A grand total of 22 items for just £23.49. The strategy of buy Luigi's Mansion cheap, sell Luigi's Mansion for profit could be the way forwards...

Dury adds 3 Gamecube cases and made a profit! £11 to the good and some cases to either rehome games or sell on for more cash...

Wappersha spent absolutely nothing and managed to steal some slightly more expensive PS2 and Xbox 360 titles as well as an Amiibo for good measure.

n-g-m managed to make £4 whilst he was busy adding some nice titles to his expanding collection. The highlights being CTR, Baten Kaitos and Atelier Iris 2.

So it's now over to you fellow Retrocollect forumites to decide the winner of the inaugural 2018 RetroCollect Gamestash Challenge by stating your top 3 in order.
The points system goes 1st - 5 points, 2nd - 3 points and 3rd - 1 point.
I'll add up the total at the end of the month to give people plenty of time to vote...
n-g-m

Postby n-g-m » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:54 pm

My vote goes as this:

1st: Gingerraccoon
2nd: MysterionMunky
3rd: n-gm

Well done to everyone who took part and hopefully it is something we could do again for the last 6 months of this year too?
n-g-m

Postby Nolivesleft » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:22 pm

Sorry I had to duck out really due to health issues and myriad hospital visits curtailing my wheeling and dealing ability. Hopefully this year will prove to be a bit more fruitful - currently trying to resurrect an old pong console which also has a bike game in it which seems to be a clone of Atari Stunt Cycle so be interesting to get that going.

Well done all the others and hey at least I got a spare PS3 for a bargain price :)
Nolivesleft

Postby gingerraccoon » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:24 pm

Tbh I forgot it was even supposed to be competitively against each other for the most part, was just trying to squeeze everything out of my budget. So in a proper cheesy way maybe we’re all winners lol. I’d up for it again end of the year but yeah a 6 month break is probably a good thing, though I’ve learnt from this to wheel and deal in the background. As mentioned from the other thread I think I’m aiming for a switch this year, might see if I can technically get that for £25 too lol.
gingerraccoon

Postby n-g-m » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:33 pm

Looks like my vote was decisive :lol:

Gingerraccoon wins the inaugural retro collect Gamestash challenge. Mysterionmunky is 2nd, with n-g-m completing the medal places!

It will return for the second half of 2019 so get your names forward now folks...
n-g-m

Previous

Return to Retro Gaming