Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Retrocollect Gamestash Challenge

All discussions regarding classic/retro games belong in here.
No matter which console or system, it's a welcome discussion.

Re: Retrocollect Gamestash Challenge

Postby n-g-m » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:39 pm

@MysterionMunky:

Welcome aboard and I've added you to the first post mate and that's an awesome start. I'm sure you shall make some nice profit to continue with on that lot.

Top of the league so far ;)
n-g-m

Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... atistics/n

Postby Nolivesleft » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:37 pm

Right so far I have spent 12 pounds of my 25 on a ps3 slim 360gb with all the cables and 1 controller from a charity shop. I also spent 2 quid on Tomb Raider Trilogy and Crysis 2 for ps3. Now I know i can make profit by taking these to CEX who are offering 30-35 quid for a ps3 so I am wondering if I should do that or try to make a bit more by chancing my luck on Shpock or Gumtree. Hmmmm....
Nolivesleft

Postby Kozmos » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:20 pm

This is what I got this past weekend and my first post for the challenge.

Paid £13 for the lot and I'll be keeping Resident Evil 4 and the controller.
The rest will be going onto a couple of local Facebook sell groups, see what I can get there.
Kozmos

Collection Stats: www.retrocollect.com/videogamedatabase/ ... ics/kozmos

Postby n-g-m » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:42 pm

Well done so far everyone - some great purchases to start with from MysterionMunky, Nolivesleft and Kozmos :)

I've found nothing so far but hoping to hit a booty or two at the weekend...

I've updated the original post to include results. I've added a "items to sell" section too, as otherwise it looks like Nolivesleft has spent £14 on squat! I'll keep that updated whenever people post.

I like the photo's and write-ups so keep on showing what you got, what you paid for it, what you're keeping and what will be sold to raise more cash. When things sell, let me know and we will add the funds to your available cash section. If selling online I think we should deduct the postage cost from any sale though. Don't care about fees as otherwise it just gets too complicated but if something sells for £10 with free P&P and it costs £3 to send then it ought to go down as a £7 sale.
n-g-m

Postby gingerraccoon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:54 pm

Some top work so far. Will officially report on arrival but think I’ve just had my first breakthrough with a fairly ropey complete luigis mansion on eBay for £12.50. Kinda restricted to eBay for my pickings so slow and steady for me.

FYI NGM because I’m planning on starting a spreadsheet of my real term ins and outs over the year I’m gonna try and report my numbers with the fees etc deducted too. Will look worse in the leaderboard but to me be a more realistic reflection of how I’m getting on. I’m fine with others doing your way though. Good luck at weekend bootys and will check in again soon.

Ooooh and those of you who sell on eBay, there’s a £1 final fee offer if you’re eligible on Sunday & Monday. Been waiting for that for a while personally.
gingerraccoon

Postby gingerraccoon » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:34 pm

Right, my eBay post came today so I’m officially in the mix now. Can show proof if required but £12.50 got me complete luigis mansion off eBay and £7.50 (6+1.50 postage) got me Cart Only mortal kombat 4 from cex. Both now on eBay for ambitious sums but with the £1 final seller fee promotion. My tact is gonna be build up funds first so it’s there if I see any better big items before picking stuff up for myself.

So: luigis mansion, mortal kombat + £5 left to spend.

gingerraccoon

Postby n-g-m » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:17 pm

Nice pick-ups Gingerraccoon :)

You're all doing better than me at the moment. I 'aint bought nowt and I 'aint sold nowt either coz I ain't got anything to sell!

I must be working to hard at school at the moment. However, the summer holidays are two weeks away so I'm not worried just yet ;)

Regarding Gingerraccoons earlier comment about fees being deducted from the profit of sales online. I guess if one of us does it, then the rest of us ought to but probably round it up/down to make calculations easy.
n-g-m

Postby Nolivesleft » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Some nice pickups going on. I think I am also going to attempt to try to raise funds rather than games to start with. Having said that I've not been able to bootsale/charity shop much this last weekend due to football/heat wave/work etc. Also found out my number 1 charity shop is closing :o
Nolivesleft

Postby MysterionMunky » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Brilliant to see everyone’s pick ups so far! I think I’m going to enjoy this challenge :)

Just a little update from me - unfortunately no pick-ups last week and was far too hungover to make it to the car boot on Sunday! Working on a deal for a NES at the moment however so hopefully that will come off this week.

Sales - I have sold my GBC, Pokemon Red and Blue, which after postage costs and eBay fees netted me £43.00. I have realised Wave Race and GB Gallery have zero value so gave them to a friend and fellow collector for free. Only item left to sell from my bundle is Metroid.

So as it stands I have £48.00 in my budget, Mario + Bugs in the collection and Metroid left to sell! Quite happy so far :D
MysterionMunky

Postby gingerraccoon » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:13 am

MysterionMunky leading the field by a way currently, great work.

Well, to my pleasant surprise luigis mansion sold already for asking price overnight (£22.99) and having just posted it, leaves me with £19.75 after postage and fees. So my total is £24.75 in the bank with a copy of mortal kombat 4 still patiently waiting to be snaffled up on eBay. Luigis mansion is definitely my go to steady profit game this year. Reckon that’s the 8th I’ve probably sold. Last year it was crash team racing.

Keep up the good work gang.
gingerraccoon

Postby Kozmos » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:34 pm

My first sale of the challenge.
Sold 1 of the Mario kart copies for £10 on a Facebook buy and sale group.
That leaves my with £22 and 5 Wii games left
Kozmos

Collection Stats: www.retrocollect.com/videogamedatabase/ ... ics/kozmos

Postby n-g-m » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:00 pm

First post edited as of Kozmos' last post.

Pretty impressive for just over a week into it guys :D
n-g-m

Postby Dury » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:32 am

I will be participating at some point.
Came down sick a week before this started and still havnt recovered yet so I havnt left the house or felt up to scouring eBay for a while.

Really enjoying seeing you guys get stuck in though, really interesting!!
Adventure time, pokémon & GC.
Dury

Postby MysterionMunky » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:03 pm

Another purchase under the belt!

Purchased this little bundle from a FaceBook gaming group for the grand total of £47.50. Unfortunately non are currently complete but I have a few spare manuals to complete them.

Mario Smash Football and Mario Power Tennis will both be going into the collection. Mario Golf, Super Smash Bros, and Mario Party 4 will be sold to try and recoup most of my money (Already own these three). Also an ever important £0.50 left in the budget :lol: :lol:

MysterionMunky

Postby n-g-m » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:32 pm

So the Munky splashes the cash ;)

Some good stuff there mate and I'd like to think you could get the vast majority back by selling those 3 titles. You might even make a little profit with a bit of luck!

I might be off the bottom soon if I can seal a deal on Facebook. 11 Xbox 360 games for £17 but the postage and Paypal are the sticking points at the moment. There are 5 Lego games, 4 Tomb Raiders, Space Chimps and Cars Maternational so it's quite a good deal I think. We shall see...
n-g-m

Postby Dury » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:51 am

So I purchased 5 game cases for £13.
The cases are:
Mario party 4
Mario kart dd (silver game/hmm case)
Pokemon collosuem
2 other random ones
Also managed to pick up Mario kart DD for £5 on Facebook.

Spent £18
My plan is to put the manual and game into the silver case and try to sell for more due to the special edition case.
Also keeping the normal Mario kart case for my collection as I have a disc only.
Sold Mario party 4 and Pokemon case for £8 (waiting on arrival)

So I have currently spent £18 and atm have Mario kart DD to show for it until the rest arrive.
Budget of £7 remaining.
Adventure time, pokémon & GC.
Dury

Postby n-g-m » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:40 pm

I'm finally off the mark!

With the Xbox 360 deal looking like a non-starter as she hasn't got back to me in a few days, I picked up a boxed Red DSi console at a carboot this morning. It looks in pretty good shape and most of the paperwork. I'm not going to keep it though. My aim is to try and flip as quick as possible to make somewhere near a double up on it.

Forgot to mention it cost me a tenner!
n-g-m

Postby MysterionMunky » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:34 pm

n-g-m wrote:I'm finally off the mark!

With the Xbox 360 deal looking like a non-starter as she hasn't got back to me in a few days, I picked up a boxed Red DSi console at a carboot this morning. It looks in pretty good shape and most of the paperwork. I'm not going to keep it though. My aim is to try and flip as quick as possible to make somewhere near a double up on it.

Forgot to mention it cost me a tenner!

Happy to see you get off the mark mate. A boxed DSi for £10 is an absolute steal! Should definitely make you a nice bit of cash for the budget :)

Just got around to listing my GameCube games on eBay after a busy week so will hopefully see some sales come in before the week is over!
MysterionMunky

Postby Hooly555 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:10 pm

I'm enjoying keeping an eye on this thread, I wish I could have taken part but there is not a great deal of buying possibilities here in my neck of the woods.
Hooly555

Postby n-g-m » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Hooly555 wrote:I'm enjoying keeping an eye on this thread, I wish I could have taken part but there is not a great deal of buying possibilities here in my neck of the woods.

Feel free to post anything if you do pick up anything mate :) It's always nice to see some bargains found! Glad you're enjoying it.

I just picked up a deal on Facebook today but sadly, it's too much above my budget I'm allowed for this challenge. I paid £80 and got a slim pink PS2 with 17 games and a limited edition Mario 25th Anniversary DSi complete in box with nearly 20 other games including some Mario's. There was a bit of controversy though when I went to collect it. She told me she had been back-doored by loads of people all saying it was way too cheap and that they would offer more money for things. Someone even had the cheek to post a link to a stupid eBay BIN listing that had the DSi set priced at £144.99 and told her that was what it was worth! She had a factory sealed New SMB included in the bundle and someone obviously wanted that and she was reluctant to go through with it. In the end she took the sealed Mario away and I had the rest but I felt like pulling out the deal on principal - then I thought sod it! It's a good deal anyway and I'll make my money back and keep the good stuff. Still really annoyed me though about how sly some people are and it's all to do with greed. Couldn't bear to see anyone else get a good deal so they try to hijack the sale.

The good news is that deal will form part of my collection challenge blog though and I will update it on Sunday as I've still got an auction and a couple of booties to hit at the weekend ;)
n-g-m

PreviousNext

Return to Retro Gaming