Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

What game is this?

Selling some retro games on eBay? Feel free to share your links with the community.

I need help identifying this Nintendo

Postby Hmbab2000 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:37 am

Very similar, the same, as the Famicom. But this one is titled computer game instead of Family Computer.

I can't figure out how to get the picture. I uploaded a few into a folder.
Hmbab2000
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:44 am

Re: What game is this?

Postby SubCog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:24 pm

There was a platformer game, I think you play as a witch? You have different powers depending on when you're facing left or right, and I think you change colors too? Can't remember which platform it was on. Any ideas?
SubCog
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:45 am

Re: What game is this?

Postby Noobsaibot21 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:56 am

SubCog wrote:There was a platformer game, I think you play as a witch? You have different powers depending on when you're facing left or right, and I think you change colors too? Can't remember which platform it was on. Any ideas?


Silhouette Mirage?
Image
Noobsaibot21
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:14 am

Re: What game is this?

Postby SubCog » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:07 am

Noobsaibot21 wrote:
SubCog wrote:There was a platformer game, I think you play as a witch? You have different powers depending on when you're facing left or right, and I think you change colors too? Can't remember which platform it was on. Any ideas?


Silhouette Mirage?

That's the one, Thanks!
SubCog
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:45 am

Re: PS1 Games with Demo disks

Postby CSpinn27 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi! I'm wondering if someone might be able to help me. I am trying to remember one of the demo discs I had and one of the games on it. I don't remember much about the game, but vaguely recall a small pinkish (I think) character. I believe the intro and maybe the rest of the sample showed a location among large clouds. I also feel like maybe there were some of Asian influence (I thought maybe there were Japanese or Chinese writing that would appear). I'm having a hard time remembering more than that, but since I started thinking about it it's been driving me crazy that I can't figure out the name. If anyone knows, let me know. Thanks!!
CSpinn27
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:30 am

Re: PS1 Games with Demo disks

Postby ninjaalex » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:42 pm

CSpinn27 wrote:Hi! I'm wondering if someone might be able to help me. I am trying to remember one of the demo discs I had and one of the games on it. I don't remember much about the game, but vaguely recall a small pinkish (I think) character. I believe the intro and maybe the rest of the sample showed a location among large clouds. I also feel like maybe there were some of Asian influence (I thought maybe there were Japanese or Chinese writing that would appear). I'm having a hard time remembering more than that, but since I started thinking about it it's been driving me crazy that I can't figure out the name. If anyone knows, let me know. Thanks!!

Sounds like Tomba if it is on PS1.Definitely on a magazine demo disc as I have it.
Image
Last Game Completed: Vanquish (360) 8/10 - Polished and hugely entertaining
User avatar
ninjaalex
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:53 am
Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... -5475.html

Re: What game is this?

Postby snowflake » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:46 pm

I remember playing a couple of games in the late Nineties on PC. One was an odd Windows game where the game pretended your computer was full of viruses and you had to enter the "computer world" in a tiny space ship, fighting the viruses that had "infected" your files. The game was set inside your actual computer, with a scan of your hard drive to determine which files had been "infected" and needed rescuing. I recall one of the space ship pilots being a duck.

Does anyone know which game I'm talking about?

There was also another game, where you had a robot that fought other robots. In between matches, you could wander around a side-scrolling city/building (I forget which it was) and there was a "Tote" building that allowed you to bet on the outcome of each battle; which allowed you to win extra cash to upgrade your robot. It had basic 16-bit style graphics but was a lot of fun.

I remember that one a lot less clearly than I do the other one, because I only played it as a demo off a magazine (Possibly PC Gamer in the UK) cover disc.

If anyone knows the name of either of these games, I would very much appreciate it.
GameHammer - Retro Game Reviews
Image
Attempting a PS2 UK PAL release full set; plus Original Xbox Exclusives set
User avatar
snowflake
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:33 pm
Location: Bolton, Lancashire

Re: What game is this?

Postby sploxon » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:09 am

Hi -
This game has been somewhere lodged in the back of my mind, which I think about every now and again. It was a game we played on the PS1 a few times many years ago.

This is what I remember:

You looked down, from above on a 3D 'map', which had two (or more perhaps) BASES. You could play against your friend I think, or just against the computer. You would basically build different types of units (I think there were 3 types, those that cost 1 or 2 points, those that cost 5 points, and those that cost 10 points),

The units were vehicles like tanks, with guns. The map was generally grey walls with a few different routes between yours and the enemy base, I do not think you could 'control' your tank units but they just approached the enemy base and if they met with an enemy vehicle or unit then they would fight and keep going until they attacked the base.

I guess you could say it was a futuristic tower defence type game, except you could obviously send your own units, In fact I'm not sure what you could build defensively. I remember the colours were generally dark, greys and blacks, and it was vehicles being sent from your base to enemy and vice versa, and you had to destroy the enemy base. You looked down on a 3D map (maybe at a slight angle). Possibly 2 player but not sure.

Thanks

JeepSwensonfan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:40 pm

I haven't played it yet, but do have it in my stash. Warzone 2100?


Assuming this was in reply to my question, I just looked at that and it does not look familiar. But thanks anyway. Th ROUTES were fixed, as in between the bases. (It was very basic).. the 'tanks' I should have said were more like FUTURISTIC vehicles.. a bit like 'robots', if you will. And I really think there were just 3 units, at least to start with, which cost a different amount of points and travelled by themselves via a fixed route to the enemy base. Like a 'reverse' tower defense. :lol: :lol: Maybe it was like a sub-game in another game??
Last edited by sploxon on Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sploxon
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:27 pm

Re: What game is this?

Postby JeepSwensonfan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:40 pm

I haven't played it yet, but do have it in my stash. Warzone 2100?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warzone_2100
User avatar
JeepSwensonfan
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: What game is this?

Postby ninjaalex » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:21 pm

sploxon wrote:Hi -
This game has been somewhere lodged in the back of my mind, which I think about every now and again. It was a game we played on the PS1 a few times many years ago.

This is what I remember:

You looked down, from above on a 3D 'map', which had two (or more perhaps) BASES. You could play against your friend I think, or just against the computer. You would basically build different types of units (I think there were 3 types, those that cost 1 or 2 points, those that cost 5 points, and those that cost 10 points),

The units were vehicles like tanks, with guns. The map was generally grey walls with a few different routes between yours and the enemy base, I do not think you could 'control' your tank units but they just approached the enemy base and if they met with an enemy vehicle or unit then they would fight and keep going until they attacked the base.

I guess you could say it was a futuristic tower defence type game, except you could obviously send your own units, In fact I'm not sure what you could build defensively. I remember the colours were generally dark, greys and blacks, and it was vehicles being sent from your base to enemy and vice versa, and you had to destroy the enemy base. You looked down on a 3D map (maybe at a slight angle). Possibly 2 player but not sure.

Thanks

JeepSwensonfan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:40 pm

I haven't played it yet, but do have it in my stash. Warzone 2100?


Assuming this was in reply to my question, I just looked at that and it does not look familiar. But thanks anyway. Th ROUTES were fixed, as in between the bases. (It was very basic).. the 'tanks' I should have said were more like FUTURISTIC vehicles.. a bit like 'robots', if you will. And I really think there were just 3 units, at least to start with, which cost a different amount of points and travelled by themselves via a fixed route to the enemy base. Like a 'reverse' tower defense. :lol: :lol: Maybe it was like a sub-game in another game??


Sounds like Command and Conquer or possibly Future Cop LAPD.
Image
Last Game Completed: Vanquish (360) 8/10 - Polished and hugely entertaining
User avatar
ninjaalex
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:53 am
Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... -5475.html

Looking for two games...

Postby lutek14 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:44 am

Hello

I'm looking for an old game(s), with quite colorfull graphic.

It was 2D platform adventure in fantasy realm. All I can remember there was boss that looked like moon! And upon taking more, and more damage he changed like a lunar phases, fading at the end...This is not much, but I dont remember anything.

The other game, or the boss of previous game were related to Zodiac. There was Naga boss: half-woman, half-snake(?), nearly naked which were to recognized to be sagittarius.

Oh, I remind one thing. These games were in program I used on windows 2000. This could probably be application that had previously collected games...
lutek14
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:54 pm

Re: What game is this?

Postby Trexmkii » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:22 am

Hi,

Looking for 2 old games:
The first is a racing game for the PC.
I played this game sometime during 2002-2004 but it might be older than that.
It was a top-down view, fixed position of the camera and the entire track was visible on the screen (this is definitely true for the first level, I'm not sure if this was true for the following ones but I'm pretty sure it is).
Also, in the first level, the track was square shaped and went around a building of some sort (I also remember you could cut through the building as a shortcut).

The second is an arcade space shooter game for the PC.
It was also a top-down view game, the spacecraft was controlled with the mouse and you could go in any direction (the game was borderless and if you flew in a straight line you would end up where you started. I remember that at the end of each level a swirling portal would open and entering it would end the level.
For some reason, I seem to remember this game being bundled on a Starcraft CD but I could be dead wrong about that.

I know it's not much to go on but I've been trying to find this game for ages! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Trexmkii
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:30 am

I can't remember the name of this game.

Postby NotCharger1369 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:51 pm

First off, hello my name is Nathan Chadwick!

Okay, so I have a problem. I played a game back when I lived in California as a child (Almost 20 years ago) borrowing it from a friend. It was a Super-Nintendo platformer game, I can't remember much from it, but you could kind of "Collect" these little bee's (Or they were some kind of flying insect) that would follow you around in a swarm and you could send them to do things I think. When you jumped from platform to platform, your character would somersault forward in the air. That is all that I remember, do any of you know what that game might be called?

Old Super-Nintendo game
Platformer
Collected some kind of flying insect(s) to assist you
Somersaulted when jumping from platform to platform

I've been trying on and off to find this game since basically around that time. Can anyone help me?
NotCharger1369
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:57 pm

Re: I can't remember the name of this game.

Postby Joe Boy 1986 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:18 pm

NotCharger1369 wrote:First off, hello my name is Nathan Chadwick!

Okay, so I have a problem. I played a game back when I lived in California as a child (Almost 20 years ago) borrowing it from a friend. It was a Super-Nintendo platformer game, I can't remember much from it, but you could kind of "Collect" these little bee's (Or they were some kind of flying insect) that would follow you around in a swarm and you could send them to do things I think. When you jumped from platform to platform, your character would somersault forward in the air. That is all that I remember, do any of you know what that game might be called?

Old Super-Nintendo game
Platformer
Collected some kind of flying insect(s) to assist you
Somersaulted when jumping from platform to platform

I've been trying on and off to find this game since basically around that time. Can anyone help me?


This sounds like TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventure
Image
User avatar
Joe Boy 1986
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:32 pm
Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... atistics/J

Re: What game is this?

Postby NotCharger1369 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Alrighty, thanks for the input. I don't think that was exactly the one, but it was a long time ago, I can be sure of only certain things lol
NotCharger1369
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:57 pm

Re: What game is this?

Postby BuckoA51 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:23 pm

I have one for you all.

It was definitely on the BBC Micro
It was an adventure game, possibly educational
I thought it was called "Monkey" but searching for this turns up nothing
I remember a treasure cave, where the solution was to take the pole, not the treasure, causing the cave to fall down
There was a dragon, that made you type the alphabet backwards as a challenge

Any ideas?
Play your retro PC games on your new rig - http://www.play-old-pc-games.com
Videogames are beautiful, play them that way! - http://www.videogameperfection.com/

Image
BuckoA51
 
Posts: 1556
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: What game is this?

Postby Indigesta » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi everybody,

I am desperately looking for a videogame I used to play on my PC when I was a kid. It must have been at the end of the 90s or the beginning of the 2000s and I think the game is not much older than that

It was a top-down tile-based puzzle game like Chip's challenge and had several elements in common with this game - the coloured keys and locks, the slides (green in the Chip's challenge pic below), the point of view

- The main character was, well, a white tile with a face

- The bad guys were also tiles - green, blue, red etc. based on what "type" they were. I also remember a special bad guy, which I think was called lava worm or blood worm (but I might have imagined this), made up of 5 bright red circles and running around like a train!

- The background/wall tiles were mostly black and dark blue, if I remember well

- You could fight the bad guys with ammos and with dynamite

- To complete a level you had to kill all enemies, and you had a small map bottom right where you could check if anything was still moving

That's about all I remember...fingers crossed! Thank you!!


https://classicreload.com/sites/default ... llenge.png
http://www.abandonia.com/files/games/41 ... enge_4.png
Indigesta
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 2:10 am

Re: What game is this?

Postby willmenth » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:20 pm

snowflake wrote:I remember playing a couple of games in the late Nineties on PC. One was an odd Windows game where the game pretended your computer was full of viruses and you had to enter the "computer world" in a tiny space ship, fighting the viruses that had "infected" your files. The game was set inside your actual computer, with a scan of your hard drive to determine which files had been "infected" and needed rescuing. I recall one of the space ship pilots being a duck.

Does anyone know which game I'm talking about?

There was also another game, where you had a robot that fought other robots. In between matches, you could wander around a side-scrolling city/building (I forget which it was) and there was a "Tote" building that allowed you to bet on the outcome of each battle; which allowed you to win extra cash to upgrade your robot. It had basic 16-bit style graphics but was a lot of fun.

I remember that one a lot less clearly than I do the other one, because I only played it as a demo off a magazine (Possibly PC Gamer in the UK) cover disc.

If anyone knows the name of either of these games, I would very much appreciate it.


The robot game sounds like 'One Must Fall' on PC
willmenth
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:29 pm

Re: What game is this?

Postby Mayhem » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:52 pm

I played One Must Fall quite a bit, and I don't recall any exploration or betting mode.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
User avatar
Mayhem
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:40 am
Location: London, England

Re: What game is this?

Postby snowflake » Wed May 22, 2019 10:20 pm

Thanks for the tip guys but, sadly, it's not One Must Fall. :(
GameHammer - Retro Game Reviews
Image
Attempting a PS2 UK PAL release full set; plus Original Xbox Exclusives set
User avatar
snowflake
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:33 pm
Location: Bolton, Lancashire

PreviousNext

Return to Everything eBay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests