Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

What game is this?

Selling some retro games on eBay? Feel free to share your links with the community.

What game is this?

Postby hydr0x » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Oh, how you loved playing that shmup in the arcades back then. And that beat em up on your old CPC you used to play with your mates. But what were the names of those games again? If you have trouble remembering games you used to play, this is the place to ask. With the combined knowledge of our community we'll hopefully be able to help.
hydr0x
Site Admin

Re: What game is this?

Postby Redstar » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:20 pm

I have a few un-certainties regarding old games;

A multiple in one cart on the Sega Game Gear. It had a penguin puzzle game as one of the games (you pushed ice blocks around, and could destroy them), can one recall the name of this multiple in one cart? I cannot remember how many games where on the cart. Is the penguin game Pengu?

Another game for the Game Gear. It was a Mickey Mouse game. It has a level/area that was ice cream themed, with a moving platform that you rode.

Also a game for system that I dont know what its name was, possibly an Amiga? I really dont know what the system was. It was a very long time ago and my memory was hazy. My dad borrowed it from his work place at the time. I had it around the time when I got the SFC (Very close to the SFC launch I think)
We had it with a flight simulator style of game (Point of view from the cockpit). It was supposed to be the most realistic flying game at the time. It had wire-frame style graphics. We could not get the damn plane to take off. I think we had it for a week tops before my dad gave it back. What was that flight sim game?
Redstar

Postby hydr0x » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Redstar wrote:I have a few un-certainties regarding old games;

A multiple in one cart on the Sega Game Gear. It had a penguin puzzle game as one of the games (you pushed ice blocks around, and could destroy them), can one recall the name of this multiple in one cart? I cannot remember how many games where on the cart. Is the penguin game Pengu?

That was likely Pengo on the Game Gear, not sure if there was a compilation with it on it though, might have been a pirate ;)

Another game for the Game Gear. It was a Mickey Mouse game. It has a level/area that was ice cream themed, with a moving platform that you rode.

Should be Castle of Illusion.

Also a game for system that I dont know what its name was, possibly an Amiga? I really dont know what the system was. It was a very long time ago and my memory was hazy. My dad borrowed it from his work place at the time. I had it around the time when I got the SFC (Very close to the SFC launch I think)
We had it with a flight simulator style of game (Point of view from the cockpit). It was supposed to be the most realistic flying game at the time. It had wire-frame style graphics. We could not get the damn plane to take off. I think we had it for a week tops before my dad gave it back. What was that flight sim game?

Well as I'm sure it wasn't a PC it could have been an Amiga, ST or similar. So many flight sims though, need more details on that.
hydr0x
Site Admin

Postby Lord_Santa » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:41 pm

Redstar wrote:Also a game for system that I dont know what its name was, possibly an Amiga? I really dont know what the system was. It was a very long time ago and my memory was hazy. My dad borrowed it from his work place at the time. I had it around the time when I got the SFC (Very close to the SFC launch I think)

that is most likely Flight Simulator 1 for the Apple II, or Flight Simulator 2 for the C-64, both by SubLOGIC

there is a slight chance that it is Flight Simulator 3, which (apparently) was Flight Simulator 2, for the Amiga, though

I remember Flight Simulator 2 being impossible to start, as well

or should I say, I managed to get it started, but I never left the runway, due to the complexity of the controls

also available on other systems, but those were the most popular (AFAIK)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of ... ulator_2.0
Lord_Santa

Postby Cauterize » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:39 am

The one to this date I still can't work out is on the Commodore Amiga.

I remember a beating heart being an end of level boss emerging from a wall.

Thats all I have to go by though and it drives me insane :(
Cauterize
Site Admin

View Collection: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/show ... on-65.html
Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/coll ... ts-65.html
Collection Photos: http://www.retrocollect.com/Community/C ... My-Photos/

Postby Aypok » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:26 pm

Cauterize wrote:I remember a beating heart being an end of level boss emerging from a wall.

That brings to mind Alien Breed II, which has a heart-beat in the music and things emerging from walls... No actual hearts, though...

I seem to remember a side-scrolling shmup which fits with what you said, but I have no idea what it is. That's going to annoy me now... Hehe.

Full Collection List: http://games.aypok.co.uk
Aypok

Postby Collz69 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:56 am

Cauterize wrote:The one to this date I still can't work out is on the Commodore Amiga.

check out this website
http://www.lemonamiga.com

I am sure you will find it listed on there. ;)
Collz69

Postby Lord_Santa » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:44 am

Cauterize wrote:The one to this date I still can't work out is on the Commodore Amiga.

only game I can think of would be Z-Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn6YR3uGFWg&NR=

it's not a "red heart", but 'tis a heart

was it a shmup, or other kind of title?

:edit

jump to 18:44 to see what I mean
Lord_Santa

Postby Cauterize » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:28 pm

Cheers Lord_Santa but that's not the one.

Me and my Dad are convinced it was Turrican (or were) until I played through all three games again last year. So we're kinda stumped as to what it could be :(
Cauterize
Site Admin

View Collection: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/show ... on-65.html
Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/coll ... ts-65.html
Collection Photos: http://www.retrocollect.com/Community/C ... My-Photos/

Postby Turricanx » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:12 pm

Cauterize wrote:Cheers Lord_Santa but that's not the one.

Me and my Dad are convinced it was Turrican (or were) until I played through all three games again last year. So we're kinda stumped as to what it could be :(

The catacombs in the secret of monkey island has hearts etc in the walls, when you under the great monkey head...?

Otherwise my only other guess is something like midnight resistance?
Turricanx

Postby Videopac » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:34 am

Hello,

Its a NES game. You fly a plane with what I remember had a bear in it. You had to collect fruit and there would be cannons that shot at you and to fly backwards you had to turn upside down. At the end of a level your family would help you upgrade the plane. I thought maybe it was chip n' dale rescue rangers but probably wrong.

any ideas?
Compliance.
Videopac

Postby hydr0x » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:03 pm

Talespin?
hydr0x
Site Admin

Postby Videopac » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Yes! thanks.
Compliance.
Videopac

Postby hydr0x » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:28 am

Videopac wrote:Yes! thanks.

You're welcome :mrgreen:
hydr0x
Site Admin

Postby GeorgieUK » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:02 pm

I am looking for two Commodore 64 game names, I am pretty sure that they are quite common (and probably very obvious) so I am confident people will be able to help.

1) Side scrolling beat-em-up with ninjas, there were different colour enemy ninjas. I am quite sure this game was on the Hit Squad range.

2) Side scrolling beat-em-up, it was 2 player and your characters were blokes in jeans and vests and either the first or second level you were on top of a truck (maybe a train).
Cassette loading times - The best things in life are worth waiting for.
GeorgieUK

Postby hydr0x » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Sorry, not a C64 expert but take a look through these: Beat em Ups

Can't find a way to filter for Hit Squad though :(
hydr0x
Site Admin

Postby Mayhem » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:39 pm

Indeed, I do have to wonder if it's the same game. But the C64 version of Dragon Ninja was one player only...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem

Postby duckandweave » Mon May 23, 2011 3:18 pm

it was a game on the sharp mz-700
all i can remember is you are walking round a maze and at one point i got excalibur. which i seem to remember was the best weapon you could get in the game!
duckandweave

Postby OdenAndEvil » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:32 am

Sry, cant help with that game, but wanna take the chance to find a game..

That is what i remember...
On Amiga 500.
Game Box was Black...dont know the motive on it anymore...
U had a Party with like 5 (or 6?) warrior, scout, magican and so go on...
Fight View: You joined that territourim where the start fights. Round based. U seen the trees and ground, enemys etc. u all see that half from the side (dont know how i should explain that...lol)

"rpg" View --> see might and magic, dungeon master, D&D etc..( u see the picture and with every move there is a new "pic"
Had something around 4 - 6 Disk´s
It was a game series...I got that game from a friend when i was a young boy. I still was too young to get into game´s like this. And it was English what is not my 1st language like u can see..lol

That´s all i know. :/ i gave that game some years later a new try and i loved it. dont really know what happend with that game. Still own the same Amiga :/

Hope someone can help me!
Thx
http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- gamerslounge - a place for retro fans! review´s, soundremakes and much more!
OdenAndEvil

Postby hydr0x » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:23 am

OdenAndEvil wrote:Sry, cant help with that game, but wanna take the chance to find a game..

That is what i remember...
On Amiga 500.
Game Box was Black...dont know the motive on it anymore...
U had a Party with like 5 (or 6?) warrior, scout, magican and so go on...
Fight View: You joined that territourim where the start fights. Round based. U seen the trees and ground, enemys etc. u all see that half from the side (dont know how i should explain that...lol)

Do you mean isometric perspective? Like Marble Madness?

Other than that your description fits basically any RPG out there :lol: Here's a list of all RPGs at HOL.
hydr0x
Site Admin

Next

Return to Everything eBay