Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

I have a pretty serious problem, can someone help me please

Selling some retro games on eBay? Feel free to share your links with the community.

I have a pretty serious problem, can someone help me please

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:06 pm

As I mentioned in another topic, I bought a bunch of games form a seller/ebay store I've been buying from for a long time now.
I bought Pikmin 2 Wii which cost me
- $37.33 for the item
- $1.87 shipping
This is A LOT of money for us to just lose.

What happened was, when I opened the envelope inside was a Pikmin 2 in a fake case, I don't care about the fake case as this happens sometimes from this store and I can easily find spare original cases, so that doesn't bother me.
What bothers me is that inside was Pikmin 1 Wii, a drastically cheaper game which I also ordered and recieved from them in another package.

Now here comes the confusing part and I'd really really appreciate any help or advice I can get, as I do not know what to do.
Yesterday I got 7 packages from this store, I opened them all up and THEN checked the games, so naturally I don't know which package this particular game was in, you'd think the price on the back would be an easy tell except not a single one of these envelopes lists a price as high as 35GBP, the highest I have is around 14GBP

The store accepted my request to return the item, but this is what they wrote

Thank you for your email regarding order: E12958813.

I am very sorry to hear that your item ("Pikmin 2 (Wii) Nintendo Wii") was not suitable.

We work hard to check all items before they are dispatched to ensure that only items that pass our quality standards are sent, but it would appear that this has not happened in this instance. Please accept our apologies.

Regarding ("Pikmin 2 (Wii) Nintendo Wii") - we would ask that you return it to us in the original packaging, to the following address –

Customer Services (Ebay E12958813) (ACT),
<adress>

Upon receipt of the item we will issue a full refund. Please enclose a print out of this email conversation to speed up the process. If this is not possible then a note with the order number and a reason for return would be fine. We will refund the order and return postage costs upon the items arrival (please send standard delivery). Please include the receipt in the parcel and respond to this email with the return postage amount so we can match it up with your parcel once it arrives.

Once again, please accept our apologies, and thank you for your custom and your patience.

Regards,

Dan
Customer Services
musicMagpie[

Problem? I DO NOT KNOW which envelope this particular game came in because I have several from around the same or the exact same shipping date, the ebay item ID/number is nowhere on the envelope either and the high price of nearly $40 isn't listed on any of them either.

What should I do now?
ShinigamiKiba

Re: I have a pretty serious problem, can someone help me ple

Postby RetroBob » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:11 pm

All they care about is that it comes back in one piece, presumably all the envelopes are similar so it doesn't really matter.

Make sure you send it recorded delivery otherwise the seller can claim they never received it and you have no proof of delivery.
RetroBob

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:13 pm

RetroBob wrote:All they care about is that it comes back in one piece, presumably all the envelopes are similar so it doesn't really matter.

Make sure you send it recorded delivery otherwise the seller can claim they never received it and you have no proof of delivery.

I'm 100% sure my post office won't allow me to record anything there, I know they're very strict about that kind of stuff.

The problem with the envelopes is that they have different prices on them, so they could claim it was a cheap item or it wasn't the correct envelope

EDIT: Also what happens if they don't recieve the game? What I'm sending back is definitely not worth $40 ffs
I dunno this whole situation is a huge mess and an enormous loss of money for me, $40 is over a 10th of what the average person here maes a month, it's big money
ShinigamiKiba

Postby RetroBob » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:39 pm

First, stop panicking: aside from return postage, you will not be any more out of pocket than you already are.

Second, if your post office has no method to track delivery then you have no choice but to send it back by regular mail.

So, send it back and then send a friendly email to the seller to let them know it's on the way.
RetroBob

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:58 pm

No worries I'm not panicking much because when I think about it, it's like I bought all these games at regular prices.
Basically I pay very little for shipping from this store, everywhere else shipping is $5-$6
I got so many games in the mail, 7 yesterday and two more today all at dirt cheap shipping, if I were to buy them here in Macedonia or from another ebay store I would've paid that $40 in shipping alone.

It's a real shame tho as this has never happened before and this is hands down my favorite ebay store for cheap games.
I was able to replace a good chunk of my pirated PS2 collection with originals thanks to this store so something like this was bound to happen eventually.

But thanks for the info, now if we can only figure out if putting the game in the exact, correct envelope is important or not.
ShinigamiKiba

Postby RetroBob » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:18 pm

It is not important.

RetroBob

Postby T Moleman » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:04 pm

Is there any reason why your post office wont track mail? Can you not use a private mailing company instead? The golden rule of eBay is tracked packages, there is simply too much postal fraud for me to ever consider sending something untracked unless it's just worth a few quid and you can claim it back anyway.

Just use one of the envelopes you received your bundle in, it doesn't necessarily have to be the same one and they can't force that policy past eBay's rules. They're responsible for return cost so include it in your claim.
T Moleman

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:51 pm

I'll ask how much a tracking number would cost, but private postal services here are extremely expensive.
Usually tracking from the UK to Macedonia is about 15 pounds I believe.
This particular store ships everything without tracking and they seem to ship from Sweden instead of the UK tho I have to return the item back to the UK, but I haven't had any problems with them until now.

Another thing that confuses me is what this return label actually is.
All they sent me was a return address, but I was told I'd get a return label, which I assumed would be a PDF document or a picture.

EDIT: I have a message that says

"Your return shipping label is ready

Sent:Mar-07-17 06:28"

Get ready to send the item back, shinigamikiba
Hi shinigamikiba,

musicmagpie sent you a return shipping label. Be sure to send the item back to the seller by Mar 14, 2017.

Message from seller:

When the item's on the way back, let the seller know. Just mark the item as sent in your return details.

You should receive a refund no later than 6 days after the item's delivered back to the seller.

I don't know what this shipping label looks like
is my item information the label? Or is the label that address they sent me? I don't understand any of this guys
ShinigamiKiba

Postby RetroBob » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:39 pm

Christ what a drama. You have a message saying your return label is ready - there is probably a link to return label in the email or from MyEbay.
RetroBob

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:26 am

RetroBob wrote:Christ what a drama. You have a message saying your return label is ready - there is probably a link to return label in the email or from MyEbay.

Alright, dude
I'm not THAT stupid
there's no link to any return labels, that's the problem.

All they told me was to print out the e-mail conversations we had regarding the issue, nowhere do I see any return labels nor do I know what one is suppoed to look like.

There's no links or anything

I went over these damn emails over 20 times since yesterday, my ebay messages too and there is no label anywhere

EDIT: Told you there was no label sent
I contacted ebay chat support, they let me upload images to their server through a special document upload process, I took some screenshots of everything I got from the seller and the ebay guy confirmed that no label was emailed to me despite ebay sending me a message it was ready.
He said I will either get a PDF or a virtual link and the label will be easily distinguishable, so yeah that's that for now. Still waiting on a response from the seller.

This is so troublesome for me I'm willing to keep the Pikmin 1 disc and have them refund the difference if they want.
ShinigamiKiba

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:25 pm

Still no label so I sent this to the seller:

Guys, I REALLY apologize for all these messages but this is a completely and utterly confusing process for me and one I am not familiar with at all as I only buy but never sell on ebay.
Your services and store are of great importance for me so naturally I don't want to harm you in any way, as you always provide the cheapest games and mishaps like this never happened in the past, so I look forward to buying a lot more games from you in the future, tho I will only stick to cheap games in case something like this happens again because if the game is cheap I won't bother refunding and returning it. This however, is a different story, we're looking at around 37 pounds here.

So with that said, I calculated shipping for Pikmin 1 Wii back to you and it will cost me 5-6GBP, so wouldn't it be better if you just refund the difference for me and I keep the wrongly sent game? Because shipping for me is as much as the game.

And once a game did get lost from them Epic Mickey, but it was cheap so I just ordered a new one without reporting it as lost.

The message I sent before this one was a tad less friendly because I sent it in anger right after the ebay employee confirmed no label was issued to me just a message that said they sent it, so while the return status says a label was sent there is none other than the address.

Guys, I haven't recieved a return shipping label form you yet
There's little time so please hurry up and send me the damn label

If you want, we can settle this another way, I could keep Pikmin 1 and you can refund me the difference, Pikmin one is around $10, so I can opt to keep it even tho I already have it and you can refund the difference because clearly you are unable to provide the shipping label I need to print to send the item back.

Problem is, the ebay employee on the chat...which i somehow managed to access it's a pain to access btw, clearly explained to me that I have to either get a specific link or in most cases a PDF file with this label which states everything from where to send the item, to what shipping services will be used and who pays for shipping costs.
ShinigamiKiba

Postby RetroBob » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:44 pm

Did they give you an address in the email you pasted in your first post? I can't tell if you removed it for privacy reasons or if the original message to you from Dan at Music Magpie customer services said "<adress>" instead of an actual address.

Thank you for your email regarding order: E12958813.

I am very sorry to hear that your item ("Pikmin 2 (Wii) Nintendo Wii") was not suitable.

We work hard to check all items before they are dispatched to ensure that only items that pass our quality standards are sent, but it would appear that this has not happened in this instance. Please accept our apologies.

Regarding ("Pikmin 2 (Wii) Nintendo Wii") - we would ask that you return it to us in the original packaging, to the following address –

Customer Services (Ebay E12958813) (ACT),
<adress>

Upon receipt of the item we will issue a full refund. Please enclose a print out of this email conversation to speed up the process. If this is not possible then a note with the order number and a reason for return would be fine. We will refund the order and return postage costs upon the items arrival (please send standard delivery). Please include the receipt in the parcel and respond to this email with the return postage amount so we can match it up with your parcel once it arrives.

Once again, please accept our apologies, and thank you for your custom and your patience.

Regards,

Dan
Customer Services
musicMagpie[
RetroBob

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:15 pm

They did, I removed it for privacy reasons.
So I pulled some strings at my post office, I should be able to ship the game back to them WITH tracking for about 3 pounds which is fine.
Problem is that label thing, the ebay employee said I didn't get a label and that it should contain more info than just their return address.
Either way if there's tracking it shouldn't be a problem

Hey, good news this time, once again I apologize for the influx of messages you're getting from me but I want to make sure this goes as smoothly as possible AND as continent for you guys as can be because, again I want to keep using your services in the future.

I'm just now coming back from my post office, I was able to pull some strings and the game can be shipped back complete with tracking for about 3 pounds, I am more than happy to cover the costs of the shipping myself, consider it an apology for all the trouble I have caused you.

I don't know which of the envelopes I recieved that day belongs to this particular game so I will either ship them all back to you guys or pick one.

Still my offer stands and if YOU find it more convenient I can accept this game, Pikmin 1 at its regular cost of about $10 in your store albeit this has no manual or anything and you can refund the difference, or I will ship it back to you guys on Monday AT the latest.

Sorry for being such a bother

just sent them this
so now it's up to them

if they don't respond I'll ship the game back to them on Saturday
ShinigamiKiba

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:35 pm

Well I shipped the game back to them and sent them this message.
I also ordered 8 cheap games from them today to show I hold no grudge

Here's hoping they don't block my ass, someone on reddit told me that stores often block upon a successful return like this, and I really really need this store.

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that the game is on its way. I shipped it today complete with tracking, please don't worry about the shipping costs. To show my good will and that I do NOT hold you responsible for this honest mistake I ordered a total of 8 games from you guys today :) I heard that some sellers and stores block their customers upon a successful return, so I hope you guys don't do that to me, you know I've been your loyal customer for a year now and I order a lot of games.

I do apologize for the messages I sent, the confusion was caused after a conversation I had on ebay chat support where the support guy said no label was issued, so I was worried thinking I wouldn't be able to return the game on time.

In the package I included a print out of my original message to you regarding this issue, your response and a summary of the whole situation.
I do hope the game arrives safely.

Once again I'm sorry you have to put up with this, I understand this is troublesome
ShinigamiKiba

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:01 am

They recieved the game a week or so ago and the 6 days for them to refund went up on the 31st.
I have until the 17th to ask ebay to step in as they haven't refunded anything yet and haven't responded to my last message yet.

Problem is, ever since this fiasco I bought over 40 games from them, that's how cheap their store is and they deliver every time.
So I don't want to ask ebay to step in so they don't block me, but at the same time I do want my almost 40 euros back.
HOWEVER, considering their shipping is dirt cheap, I would have spent 40 euros on shipping alone had I bought only 10 games from somewhere else...so I dunno

On one hand I don't want to throw my hard earned money away, on the other I don't want to lose my favorite store on ebay that sells games for practically nothing
ShinigamiKiba

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:57 pm

If I end up getting blocked by them, would I still be able to buy from them using a different account but the same address?

UPDATE: They refunded me, guess all they needed was a lil nudge since they have so much traffic and so many orders.
I was polite of course. Now I got a response I don't have to return the item lol but I already did and they received it, that tells you how busy this store is.

Phew, thank god that's done and over with
losing 32 pounds would've been bad
ShinigamiKiba

Return to Everything eBay