Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

My ebay account glitched, I can't buy anything - need help

Selling some retro games on eBay? Feel free to share your links with the community.

My ebay account glitched, I can't buy anything - need help

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:28 pm

I don't have any warnings or negative feedback, I'm not banned or suspended and the more I read about the issue the more I realize how hopeless it is. I can't and don't want to call ebay nor do I want them calling me, I don't want to talk to customer support as I feel uncomfortable doing so with a foreign country because I'm afraid I might get charged long distance even if they call me, I don't know, I've heard of stuff like that happening.
However from what I keep reading even calling ebay doesn't resolve the issue, accounts just stay stuck on this message unable to purchase anything for months on end.

My paypal and ebay accounts are both just fine, there's no reason for this to have happened whatsoever yet it happened out of the blue, just like that and there's no solution in sight.
When I try to buy something all I get is a page that says
"Something went wrong. Please try to check out again." Error Code: 70205

This happens across all browsers and computers, so it's not a cookie related issue however if I switch to ebay.co.uk I seem to be able to buy stuff there but I'm not sure if I should as im afraid something might glitch up there as well

- I tried unlinking my paypal account and trying to purchase an item without it - was greeted by the same error page, so it's not a paypal related issue
- I cleaned cookies and all that even tho it obviously isn't the issue
- I tried purchasing an item from ebay.co.uk which does let me buy stuff it seems but I was reluctant to buy anything out of fear that something might go wrong...again no pun intended.

It appears this this is an unresolvable issue, if the issue doesn't go away in a few days I'd like to create a new ebay account. Is this going to be a problem and am i going to get in trouble with ebay? I don't and can't sell on ebay form my country, I can only buy stuff so I don't give a rat's ass about my reputation or rating I just want to be able to buy games, I don't care about ANYTHING else, just want to be able to buy my video games in peace with the money I earn fair and square, don't give a damn about my rating or feedback or anything at all.
ShinigamiKiba

Re: My ebay account glitched, I can't buy anything - need he

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:05 am

It appears I can buy things from the mobile version of the site and the ebay app on my phone, at least it takes me further in the checkout process but I didn't feel like making a transaction in case something isn't right again and I end up being unable to pay.

However this same thing happens on the desktop site on my phone, iPhone 6s.
It also happens when I completely remove/unlink my paypal account and log out of paypal too so it's definitely not paypal related.

It's been over 24 hours now
I supposed the only solution would be to create a new account if ebay.co.uk also messes up
ShinigamiKiba

Postby Darkstalker90 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:37 pm

I've searched for that error code on Google and the ebay community support pages point to 70205 meaning that the seller has either blocked you personally from bidding on/purchasing their item(s) OR that you are blocked by their general 'buyer requirements' i.e. you can block people with so many unpaid item cases, which country they are from etc. (to give just two examples of a buyer requirement).

Have you tried buying something from different sellers or just the same one?

There is also a similar one for new accounts that have buying limits imposed on them i.e. you can only buy so many items in a certain space of time if you are a new user. Obviously, I don't know how long you have been registered with ebay...
Darkstalker90

Postby Mayhem » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:09 pm

If you're blocked by the buyer requirements, then you shouldn't be able to see the item in search, but if you have the direct link, then you can still see the page and attempt to buy. I'm inclined to think Darkstalker might be correct somewhere, as I've run into this once or twice, and I discovered it was due to being blocked by the seller for some reason.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:12 am

I'm not blocked by anything or anyone
this happens on all listing with the exception of some that seem to be using a different checkout page for whatever reason
I did a lot of research on it myself and it's definitely a glitch as I can seem to be able to buy stuff from the same sellers just fine from the .uk site or even the ios app

That particular error code is used for a bunch of errors including when you're blocked, but this isn't it since every time does this

EDIT: Another thing to note when using the desktop site and I click the buy now button it takes a long time to process the next page, like it gets stuck there and takes me to the error page.
ShinigamiKiba

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:28 am

Alright guys so update
I can't buy form the .uk site either, it takes me to the same error page once I do the final checkout thing BUT I just bought a cheap PS3 game DeBlob 2, which I couldn't buy from the site using the app on my phone and the transaction went perfectly smoothly
Meaning my account is neither blocked nor warned, it's that glitch people are talking about

EDIT: Talked to a very helpful support guy over their chat support which btw was a pain to find, he too saw the error and forwarded the problem to their technicians so here's hoping thy can fix it He was very understanding and helpful
ShinigamiKiba

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:07 am

It's painfully obvious at this point that ebay are doing everything in their power to not be helpful to their customers.
Accessing the chat was very difficult and I lucked out and somehow managed to get to it, now I can't find it anymore and I want to contact them again since they haven't fixed anything yet and they have yet to respond.

The chat simply vanished, it doesn't exist, much like before
If they clearly have a functioning chat support system why are they hiding it? I tried all possible topics i believe and a chat option doesn't show up anymore

Guys, if I just create a new account and not close this one but use the same paypal is it going to be a problem? I'm afraid I won't be able to pay invoices for shipping with tracking through my phone, other than that I buy anything from it.
ShinigamiKiba

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:25 am

Ebay tech support is fascinatingly incompetent

As we know by now, this happens across ALL computers, browsers and devices. The problem was seen and confirmed by a real time chat tech support guy who confirmed the issue was on their end and that their technicians would fix it...they didn't they just responded that the issue is fixed and never fixed it.

So naturally I was upset, said the issue wasn't fixed...to that I got a stock response from another support person or perhaps a bot suggesting I clear cookies, restart my computer or use a different browser despite me covering all that in my initial request...SO to that BS I responded with the utmost angry email I could possibly write with a slittle insults as I could manage in my anger.

"I'm downright astonished by your lack of basic reading comprehension.
I'm getting exceptionally irritated with your inability to process even the utmost basic information given to you, I clearly explained my situation in the real time chat and the guy understood, but your technician and your latest support person clearly can't comprehend basic English.

Your suggestions are useless, pointless, especially since I've done them all.
This is a glitch on your end which you need to fix asap or I will just close this account and make a new one because you clearly have zero competence in dealing with somewhat less common problems. It frustrates me knowing that employees such as you get paid for copying and pasting stock answers that do not address the customer's problem in the slightest.

I'm wasting my highly valuable time here trying to explain my problem many times over to no avail and as you are well aware time is money, so the time I could be spending drawing and working on my illustrations and making money I spend explaining basic issues to a team of utterly incompetent staff members whose only interest is to cut their work short and if that means pasting stock answers which do not in any way shape or form address the customer's problem then so be it.

I will explain the problem one more time:

- I am unable to purchase items using the Desktop/Classic site - I am taken to an Error page every time I do so REGARDLESS of browser, computer or device - it does the same on everything from phone to different computers which indicates if you have any basic reading comprehension and understanding of how things work that this is not on my end but on yours. So cleaning cookies and restarting my computer won't help and you damn well know it. This error was seen by one of your real time chat support guys who confirmed it was an error on YOUR end and said he would forward it to your technicians , except your technicians are not competent to resolve this issue.

- I am able to purchase items using the iOS mobile app just fine

- Please take your time to read through the chat log -
Chat reference number 1-85067016111

I am exceptionally dissatisfied with ebay support and disgusted by the fact that such a big company has such incompetent and unintelligent staff who can't comprehend basic English."
ShinigamiKiba

Postby Hooly555 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:09 pm

Oh dear I really do hope that is not another major company you have annoyed ;)
Hooly555

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:37 pm

What's the other major company I have annoyed?
This is entirely their fault and their lack of comprehension only serves to increase my frustration
ShinigamiKiba

Postby ShinigamiKiba » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:21 am

lol this turned up in a google search about this problem.

Hey, TC, did you ever fix your issue? Oh wait...

well as it turns out everyone in Macedonia has this problem and so do people from other countries as well, ebay has no interest in fixing this, good thing is for now the iOS and Android apps work but who knows for how long.
ShinigamiKiba

Return to Everything eBay