Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Gameseek goes into liquidation

Found some gaming news and want to share it with fellow retro gamers? Discuss your news in here.

Gameseek goes into liquidation

Postby Sturmwind » Sat May 12, 2018 9:37 am

Gameseek goes into liquidation.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... -of-pocket

I always thought that they were a bit of a dodgy outfit. They were constantly listing stuff that they didn't have in stock, and/or sending out the wrong stuff.
Sturmwind

Re: Gameseek goes into liquidation

Postby JeepSwensonfan » Sat May 12, 2018 3:26 pm

Only dealt with them once, for a steering wheel for the PC/PS2/PS3. It was faulty, so sent it back and did get a complete refund, even the postage back to them.

But, shady taking peoples money when, obviously, you know that you are about to go under.

And the waste that was those cyclonic deals.
JeepSwensonfan

Postby Sturmwind » Sat May 12, 2018 7:38 pm

It's hard to imagine anything other than a lot of people getting burned by this.

As you say, irresponsible (perhaps bordering on the fraudulent) to have kept their front-page up, and to have continued to take orders.

I don't really know anything about the liquidation process or about how sudden a company can plunge into liquidation. But surely there must be an amount of planning necessary for such a process.

Those at the top must have had some kind of inkling.

I don't know if they could have issued some kind of pre-notice or something, in the weeks leading up to liquidation, and/or stop taking payments for pre-orders?
Sturmwind

Postby T Moleman » Sat May 12, 2018 8:44 pm

I remember hearing from a few people that they were abysmal, stayed well clear of em
T Moleman

Postby Spasho » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:32 pm

T Moleman wrote:I remember hearing from a few people that they were abysmal, stayed well clear of em

It's a good thing GameSeek is gone but the CEO of the company as per the interview was acting all high and mighty and patting himself on the back.

I did get the Switch for £197.50 from GameSeek but besides that, I always disliked them moreso than anything positive. They'd take ages to refund a product, answer a question and the special sales were a con. I never once got those cheap deals they were always advertising.
Spasho

Return to Gaming News & Headlines