Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Do you like Football (soccer)? Wich club do you support?

Any discussion not related to gaming such as football, anime, music and life in general, belongs in here.

Do you like Football (soccer)? Wich club do you support?

Postby kinogomes » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:00 am

Easy question, if you like football which club do you support? Are you a huge fan or you dont bother too much.

In my case iam a big big supporter of Benfica (Portugal). My team is more than life i just cant live without it.
kinogomes

Re: Do you like Football (soccer)? Wich club do you support?

Postby Punisher » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:03 pm

Im a mad gooner!!, I live in Bournemouth though and they are doing very well too.

Love Saturdays for the accumulators and soccer Saturday!!!
Punisher

Postby tux » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Manchester united . Best bit about being a man u fan nowerdays is we are no longer branded "glory hunters" ......as we have been pretty cack for the last two years :lol:
Quite liking the signings this year though.
tux

Postby Punisher » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:33 pm

tux wrote:Manchester united . Best bit about being a man u fan nowerdays is we are no longer branded "glory hunters" ......as we have been pretty cack for the last two years :lol:
I quite like united fans saying that!^
Quite liking the signings this year though.

I think they will be alright this season though, must have a Russian billionaire there though with the wedge they have spent!!!
Punisher

Postby Lord Innit » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:36 pm

Spurs. TBH I haven't really followed football properly in years. I hardly ever look for the results, they get to me eventually. It's all lost its magic for me. I got priced out of going to games years ago, that put the first nail in.
Lord Innit

View Collection: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... on/statist
Collection Stats: www.retrocollect.com/videogamedatabase/ ... istics/772

Postby Arkotype » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:05 pm

Man Utd - A bit more of a roller coaster to watch these days than it used to be! Not really a fan of internationals, I make a point of not watching England if at all possible.
arkotype.co — Videogames x Graphic Design x Print Projects.
Arkotype

Postby Hatton90 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:20 pm

I'm a massive Newcastle fan that lives down south.

Been to a few games but priced out of it a lot lately.

Football is life for me too, my girlfriend hates it but blames me for her hating it. A weekend is wasted without watching or playing some sort of football!
Hatton90

Collection Stats: www.retrocollect.com/videogamedatabase/ ... s/Hatton90

Postby ChuckieDoll » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 pm

Aston Villa FC. Live on Isle of Wight so not able to attend many games nowadays.
ChuckieDoll

Postby kinogomes » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:43 am

Hatton90 wrote:I'm a massive Newcastle fan that lives down south.

Football is life for me too, my girlfriend hates it but blames me for her hating it. A weekend is wasted without watching or playing some sort of football!

I have lot of respect for Newcastle. Benfica played them few years ago and i went to watch the game in the stadium. Fantastic atmosphere inside and outside the stadium, lots of respect and friendship between both side. A great game to remember, unfortunately it was raining that day.
kinogomes

Postby Hatton90 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:38 pm

kinogomes wrote:

I have lot of respect for Newcastle. Benfica played them few years ago and i went to watch the game in the stadium. Fantastic atmosphere inside and outside the stadium, lots of respect and friendship between both side. A great game to remember, unfortunately it was raining that day.

I was at that game!!! Small world! That was actually the last game that I have been able to watch at St James' Park. It was a great game, my girlfriend was celebrating when Benfica scored towards the end because she thought she had won a bet (for Newcastle to lose 2-1 i might add) which due some strange looks from others, and I had to pretend I wasn't with her!
Hatton90

Postby Punisher » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:30 pm

I love the Newcastle fans!, always up for a laugh and a few beers before and after the game. Never any trouble either which is great!.
Punisher

Postby Hatton90 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:40 pm

Punisher wrote:I love the Newcastle fans!, always up for a laugh and a few beers before and after the game. Never any trouble either which is great!.

We never ever need an excuse for a good few beers! haha.
Hatton90

Postby kinogomes » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:48 am

Hatton90 wrote:
kinogomes wrote:

I was at that game!!! Small world! That was actually the last game that I have been able to watch at St James' Park. It was a great game, my girlfriend was celebrating when Benfica scored towards the end because she thought she had won a bet (for Newcastle to lose 2-1 i might add) which due some strange looks from others, and I had to pretend I wasn't with her!

I watched the game in Lisbon we won 3-1. There where lots of Newcastle fans in the town that day, i think they where around 4000. It was nice to see Benfica fans chatting friendly with Newcastle fans. Actually nowadays the british fans are the best welcoming over our stadium, the fans from other countries mostly are agressive and wants to go to fight wich sometimes ends really bad for most of them.
kinogomes

Postby tux » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:04 am

Arkotype wrote:Man Utd - A bit more of a roller coaster to watch these days than it used to be!.

Agreed, although it does help teach to appreciate winning more. We seem to be back on track at the moment though, the kid from Monaco that he signed is really proving his ridiculous price tag seems worth it at the moment!
tux

Postby kinogomes » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:22 am

tux wrote:
Arkotype wrote:Man Utd - A bit more of a roller coaster to watch these days than it used to be!.

Agreed, although it does help teach to appreciate winning more. We seem to be back on track at the moment though, the kid from Monaco that he signed is really proving his ridiculous price tag seems worth it at the moment!

Man U its not what it used to be anymore, and i think that the future for them will be like Liverpool, they will pass lots of years without wining the League.
Man city is the new king in the city, they get all the players, and chelsea is still with lot of money. I think in the next years chelsea and man city will kept wining while arsenal, man city and liverpool will be fighting for champions league.

BTW its hard to understand how Arsene Wenger is still the coach after so many years without wining the premier league.
kinogomes

Postby tux » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:51 pm

kinogomes wrote:
tux wrote:

Man U its not what it used to be anymore, and i think that the future for them will be like Liverpool, they will pass lots of years without wining the League.

They made Liverpool look utter crap last week :lol: . And as for City, there European form is cack for the "best team" in the uk. I'd agree united are not as good as the triple cup winners of yesteryear ,no one is though! I think they will be a solid top 2 or 3 team until they win it again,which is something Liverpool has yet to show any ability to do year on year.
tux

Postby romoby » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:20 pm

ehm ....

i'm not an english team supporter :D

I'm a massive AS ROMA fan, and i hope to meet soon an English team after the first qualification step on Champion's League! 8-)

romoby

Postby kinogomes » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:41 pm

romoby wrote:ehm ....

i'm not an english team supporter :D

I'm a massive AS ROMA fan, and i hope to meet soon an English team after the first qualification step on Champion's League! 8-)

There are lot of friendship between Benfica ultras and the old cucs of rome. My favourite team in Italy is Torino but i like more roma than lazio.
kinogomes

Postby Mogzy1985 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Hartlepool United fan here. Season ticket holder for 11 years.

Gotta love the good publicity Jeff Stelling gives us on a Saturday afternoon.

Haha.
Mogzy1985

Postby T Moleman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:16 pm

Toon toon toon! Newcastle till i die!
T Moleman

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion