Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Introduce yourself! (Please read 1st post)

Any discussion not related to gaming such as football, anime, music and life in general, belongs in here.

Re: Introduce yourself! (Please read 1st post)

Postby cs4mps » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 pm

Thanks Bob!

Apparently there is a game stall in the market, not sure if it's the same place you're referring to. I've not been down there yet, planning to go maybe tomorrow to have a look. The only other place I've been able to find so far, locally, that may have anything is Cex.

As of 06/07/2019...
Currently playing
Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox) - going for all golds
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Recently finished
Portal (360), Portal 2 (360), New Super Mario Bros (DS)
cs4mps

Postby Videopac » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:59 pm

Hello. Guess I should start here again?
I'm Nathan. I don't really collect these days but I'm a sucker for nostalgia and the 80s. Been away for a while but always loved this site.

I own videopacs ps1 ps2 NES Master system Wii xbox 360 and ps4.
Compliance.
Videopac

Postby BullenTheBullen2 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:03 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Bullen, 20 years old and i'm from Sweden.
I have played video games since i was 3-4 years old and started collecting when i realized how many games i had.
Started 2010 i think? Maybe? I really don't remember... I know i started to get more interested in Collectors Editions n stuff like that

I'm extremely pedantic when it comes to my collection. I want my games to include everything they originally came with (ads, "points" and other small papers). Kinda like someone just ripped the plastic off of a sealed game... but without having to pay the sealed game price.

Most of my favorite games are ridiculously expensive, i would be surprised if i'll ever own half of them (... or a third).
I'm a HUGE Castlevania fan. I live, eat and breathe Castlevania but i only own maybe half of the games sadly.

I only collect games i find interesting, i'm not aiming for any full sets. I think i own over 200 games, i haven't counted them actually, but this includes modern games like 3DS, PS3 and PS4.
BullenTheBullen2

View Collection: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... ion/103180

Postby akitch12 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi guys my names is Adam. After recently purchasing my first home with my wife and our 2 kids and giving my 10 year old the option of a bedroom alone or a shared room with his brother and a games room I finally got my games room. I’m currently building myself a unit to house the consoles and games. I feel slightly out of place as everyone here seems to stick to a console collection and as things stand I’m slightly all over the place. I currently have 12 consoles I’m making room for and if I’m honest I just want to have them working collect good games for them and enjoy the games from my childhood up to the present.

Look forward to chatting to everyone.
akitch12

An Introduction

Postby SeanMallonUSA11 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:51 pm

Hey everyone. My name is Sean Mallon.

I just registered earlier and I'm glad to be here. Below is a recap of thing that have been happening as of late.

1. I've just acquired a Neo-Geo MVS arcade cabinet this past Monday
  2. I've got over 3,000 unique items in my collection spanning from the late 1970's all the way to today.
  3. Planning on building a MAME cabinet for myself filled with classic and retro arcade video games.
  4. Will be doing my own blog for my video game exploits.

Well, that's just a sample of what's been going on in my life as far as video games are concerned. So if you got any questions or comments, please ask. I'll be more then happy to answer any questions you may have.
SeanMallonUSA11

Re: An Introduction

Postby RetroBob » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:33 pm

Welcome Sean - feel free to post pics of your collection - sounds pretty extensive!
RetroBob

Re: An Introduction

Postby SeanMallonUSA11 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:37 pm

RetroBob wrote:Welcome Sean - feel free to post pics of your collection - sounds pretty extensive!

Most of it is media related and it's a collaborative effort between my cousins and myself.

I'm also looking to help the Retro Collect Team to with scans and screenshots. So... yeah. :D
SeanMallonUSA11

Postby Shiva_ » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:39 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. Actually, I ended up here in seach of A FORUM. A living one. I was a member in snesorama long ago and A4. Sadly, they died and a need to belong to a community "pushed" me to search for a new one.
My gaming experience isn't that "Retro", I guess. At least as it could be.. I woudn't call it at least. My first console was Sega mega drive... though the relations between us wasn't serious, I simply mashed the buttons :D (although I had Light crusader and tried to play it in JAPANESE) :D I grew up in a gamer family. My both parents were gamers so I were always surrounded by consoles... the first I remember was a Panasonic thing.
My true love for gaming began with PS1 and jRPG genre. Although English language were moon runes to me at the time. So equiped with a paper englis-russian/ russia-english dictionary (don't ask... my mother tongue isn't Russian) I began my journey to where I am now. :) Would call my self a decent jRpg gamer with wide variety of hobbies like cinema, music, board games and anime. Throughout these years I seen many games, invested many hours, lived hundreds of lives of my chracters :)

Hope to fit in.

Sincerely,
Shiva_
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”

― Akira Kurosawa
Shiva_

Postby SubCog » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:19 am

Hi Everyone! I've been looking for a good retro gaming forum, and I'm glad to be here! I registered some time ago, but haven't been active.

About me:

I'm in my late 30s, which means I was a kid in the last part of the Atari era, and grew up with Nintendo & Sega. I've been a gamer my whole life. Like everyone else, I made the mistake of selling off my consoles here and there. For some time I thought I mostly didn't need physical games, as so many consoles emulate well. But the last several years I've caught the bug. 'Started with picking up a Retron 3 and then a few cartridges to go with it. Now I have nearly 800 games, across 20+ consoles. I'm not trying to get a complete collection of anything, just collecting what I think is fun or interesting.

I keep track of my collection in a big spreadsheet, that you can check out here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

It's rough collecting here (Bay area, CA), as most of the retro game stores have gone out of business. So I mostly buy games when I travel, or else get them off of ebay or craigslist.

I've also been collecting Nintendo Power magazines. I've got about 2/3 of a full collection, although the last chunk is the toughest.

Other facts about me:
- I have 3 kids between the ages of 1-10. They are all gamers too, even my 1-year-old... sortof... she sits on the couch with the boys and holds a controller on her lap.
- I run a UX team at a mid-size software company in Palo Alto. I like my work.
- I spend more time reading & collecting than actually playing games these days.
SubCog

Re: PeteyM5 comes to RetroCollect

Postby gunstarhero » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:08 pm

Welcome - was hoping that the M5 in your name was indicative of you also developing new titles for the Sord/CGL/Takara M5 ;)

Look forward to seeing your work
gunstarhero

View Collection: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/show ... n-288.html
Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/coll ... s-288.html
Collection Photos: http://www.retrocollect.com/Community/g ... My-Photos/

Postby gunstarhero » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Thanks PeteyM5. The 25 posts before you can sell thing was added to protect other RC members from the few individuals who were creating accounts just to sell their second hand games and then not delivering on the deal, so unfortunately, all new members get tarred with the same brush. Hopefully, you will enjoy the site and make yourself known so that others here can get to see the work you are doing.
Best of luck, looking forward to seeing what you have to offer.
gunstarhero

View Collection: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/show ... n-288.html
Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/coll ... s-288.html
Collection Photos: http://www.retrocollect.com/Community/g ... My-Photos/

Postby Rollerxcore » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:15 am

PeteyM5 wrote:Hello I am a developer of new games on old consoles and computer systems. I mainly focus on Atari 8-bit computers, Atari 5200, and learning about the Atari 7800. I have produced many game cartridges for these systems. I will be posting the games under the Market Place For Sale Section. Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi question, do the new 2600 joysticks come boxed as well? i am assuming they will work fine on a pal system as weel?
Rollerxcore

Postby Zunaka » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:27 pm

Hello People I'm Zunaka I've just joined the retrocollect community and I'm loving it so far
Zunaka

Postby CasualRetroGamer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Hello all. My name is Glen and I've joined here as while facebook has its place and I'm a member of a few retro gaming pages on there but I'm from a generation that grew up using forums to discuss topic so after a quick google search this place looks like the place to be.

I suppose I'm a retro gamer by accident as I've always been a gamer but I've kept the vast majority of my collection from childhood which just so happens now to be retro haha. Like I'm sure most of us now I'm now 37 and fortunate to have some spare cash so in recent years I've been building my collection, adding to what I already had but also expanding to pickup other consoles I could only dream of at the time. So my collection:

Sega: Master System, Game Gear, Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast - I'm a massive sega fanboy. I only had the master system growing up but played all the others at friends houses or in clubs. In recent years I've added the consoles here to my collection and I will be completing this with a sega cd and 32x at some point.

Nintendo: Gameboy advance, DS, Gamecube - Honestly I'm not the biggest Nintendo fan. Both my kids are and they love their switch but I always knew my part in the console war lol.

Amiga: A500, A500+, A1200, CD32. If I'm a sega fanboy then I'm an Amiga lunatic. My A1200 is upgraded with an 030 40mhz accelerator and my CD32 also has an 8mb memory expansion. Rarely a day goes by that not one of these machines is in use.

Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3.

Microsoft: Xbox and Xbox 360 (recent pickup)

Others: MSX 64k (my first computer that started it all), Atari 2600 (because everyone needs one), 3DO (a recent pickup that needs repairing, I might be looking advice for that folks) and probably more I've forgotten.

I have a decent games selection for each but I'm more a hardware man than software. I'm not really into the modern fpga or emulation boxes all be it I can see the attraction. I much rather would play the game on the original hardware as for me its all about seeing those circuits spring to life to bring me the games I love to play.

In recent times I've taken a leep and started a youtube channel but before someone says it I'm not solely joining here to advertise that. Yes I will do so in the correct thread but I'm joining here for that Retro internet forum feeling to discuss my passion for Retro Collecting.

Anyway, enough rambling, see you in the forums.
CasualRetroGamer

Postby shirleyday » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:22 am

Hi there, I have recently joined this forum and have a keen interest in the video game and the new video game technology.
shirleyday

Postby deathtrappicnic » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:16 am

Hello everyone! Just thought I'd introduce myself. I love retro gaming and collecting and have been collecting for around 7 years now. I am 26 years old and Can not get enough retro games. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my GTA V and Fallouts but I just can't forget about the systems I grew up with. some of my favorite games are
-Ocarina Of Time (my number one)
-tetris
-pokemon's
-super mario bros 3
-Bully
- streets of rage
-maximum carnage

Any way thanks for having me can't wait to meet some cool peeps! :D
deathtrappicnic

Postby Jack_Neuro » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:55 pm

I am Jack's wanton need to collect... :D

Hi everyone.
I am Jack Neuro and have collected for a while now.
I'm really enjoying picking up for 360 and PS3 atm because buying for them is legitimised theft it's so cheap.
Just bought a Wii so am excited about the new software to experience there.
I also am an Amiga nut and lover of SNES and MD/Genesis. 16-32 bit is my favourite period, both era's equally.

Of the more expensive to collect systems i have i favour my beloved Saturn.

I am also excited about the ZX Spectrum Next.

I also enjoy watching pickup vids on you tube.
Jack_Neuro

Postby filipejv » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:03 am

Hi, I'm Filipe from Portugal, not a collector but just a retro game enthusiast.

My first console was MegaDrive and still my favorite gaming system so far!
filipejv

Postby DeathAdderSF » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:57 am

I'm from San Diego. It's always hot here. Except when it isn't. Right now, it's raining. :shock:
Last edited by DeathAdderSF on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Brandon Cobb
President, Super Fighter Team

Check out Vixen 357, the new strategy RPG for Sega Genesis!

...and cruise by Diskman Presents: filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!
DeathAdderSF

Postby ColonialWarrior » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:04 pm

Hello.
Obviously I am a BattleStar Galactica fan. I love the new re-imagined series as well as the 1978 series. This is something that never really established itself as many video games.

I have worked on Video Games consoles and home computers dating back the the Odyssey and Atari 2600 to Sega Genesis.
ColonialWarrior

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion