Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Introduce yourself! (Please read 1st post)

Any discussion not related to gaming such as football, anime, music and life in general, belongs in here.

Re: Introduce yourself! (Please read 1st post)

Postby daveyheats » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:18 am

From a fellow newbie, welcome Titch! Out of interest, what arcade cabs do you have? :)
daveyheats

Postby JeepSwensonfan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:04 pm

Hi there. As you can see, I'm a huge Jeep Swenson (RIP) fan. Want to be just like him. Anyway, found this place whilst looking around for Tomytronic 3D games and decided to join.

Love listening to metal, but create ambient stuffs, they are kinda linked with certain bands. Most extreme metal though. Huge interest in Vikings, like the show on history, but it isn't accurate, but disregard that aspect and it is a fun romp.
JeepSwensonfan

Postby jayslim » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:42 pm

Not a new member but in the immortal words of Jay-z .... allow me to reintroduce myself!
I consider myself to be a bit of a gamer and own and play on a few systems including - Amstrad CPC 464, SNES, N64, Gamecube, wii, PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4.
As such I am definitely more into the playing than the collecting as the collecting side comes from games I haven't got around to playing yet :D
Anyway I will see you all on the forums if I don't allow my pesky job to get in the way of chatting!
jayslim

Postby Back in Time Sime » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

Hi, I have just started a new YouTube weekly show and have setup this profile to support that, I though have been a member on this site for quite a number of years... With work and all though my time on my hobbys has slipped, but I was recently made redundant, so hoping to now at least have some fun, you can see the link to my new channel on my sig....

Need now to readd all my games to the site :D

Have a complete PAL Dreamcast collection, and lot of NeoGeo MVS, and then nice chunks of PC-Engine, SNES, NES, Megadrive and most of the others... I really like a bit of everything :)

Little shooters though and fighters, but I guess thats normal as those games tend to age better than the rest...

Live down in Devon on the north coast in a lovely spot...

Hope to get much more involved now I have the time, until the wife makes me get another job at least ;)

Taaa
Sime
Check out my YouTube weekly review show "Back in Time Sime" - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjX19c ... uvebRWBoxw
Back in Time Sime

Hello everyone

Postby sollys19xx » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Hello everyone I am a member of the forum, very interested in the exchange of knowledge with people. My name is Wiliam, I'm 22 years old this year. Very happy to make friends with people. Thank you
sollys19xx

Postby mhn81 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi All.

Im from Denmark and are like you other fine people a retro game collector with more than 6000 games in my collection. My primary collection is my original xbox where i just finished my complete pal collection (CIB) and now are starting with the exclusive NTSC games, so im going for a worldwide complete collection with focus on pal. Other than that i love my Sega Collection where i have alot of dreamcast, master system and mega drive games, on all 3 consoles i have just about or more than haft of the collection.

I cant stop collecting and will probably just keep going :D
mhn81

Postby Fits Kreiner » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi all

I’m Simon, in my early 40s from Lancashire. I’ve been gaming since my mother got me some form of Atari knockoff when I was 7, which was swiftly replaced by a Speccy and then a C64. I dropped out of gaming after that, pretty much missing out on the whole 16 bit era while in my late teens, before being reintroduced to it when me and a flatmate went halves on a PlayStation in 1997, and being utterly hooked for the following 20 years. I ended up with a sideline as a part-time games journalist, working on various websites and reviewing for national print mags, as well as covering events like EG Expo and Develop. Got to interview a lot of great developers, and it was a really enjoyable period of my life but the increasing demands of my day job made carrying on with it untenable after a good 5 year run.

Having become a father twice in quick succession in the last couple of years, coupled with a distaste for some of the business practices and other unpleasantness that has dominated discussion of gaming over the last couple of years, saw me drift out of gaming again, but my wife bless her went all out this last birthday and Xmas to rekindle my love for the medium, and I found myself with a Megadrive, a PS2, a Gotek Drive for my Amiga 500 amongst other gaming related stuff as presents, to go with my Dreamcast and more modern systems.

I also discovered this site in the last few months, and along with things like Retronauts and sites such as Digital Antiquarian and CRPG Addict I’m finding myself really interested in the history of gaming. I’ve been going through the whole back catalogue of forum posts and there’s such a wealth of knowledge shared by what seems like a really warm and welcoming community that I made it my New Year’s resolution to join up and get back to, in my own little way, contributing to the wider world.

Collecting-wise I’m mainly interested in 6th gen stuff, although my goals are still a bit up in the air, and the thought of going for full PAL PS3 set is calling quite strongly. At the moment I’m taking the approach of buying what I want to play or used to own before foolishly letting it go and see where my interests take me.
Fits Kreiner

Postby T Moleman » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:10 pm

Welcome to the site everyone!

Kreiner, yes, the site is a wealth of knowledge that goes back ages. PS3 is a great system to start on, especially now as so many games are at rock bottom prices, I was in CEX before xmas and so many titles were <£2, I managed to pick up the 3 Uncharted games for a grand total of £4.50...
T Moleman

Postby amardilo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:33 am

Hello everyone!

I was looking for somewhere that would talk about retro games and retro games collecting that had a lot of UK based collectors (in hopes I might find out how best to get retro games), and this site came up on a list of search engine results so I signed up.

I have been collecting retro games on and off for about 10 years I don't have a massive collection but I collect mainly Mega Drive, SNES, Xbox and PS2 games.

My favourite consoles/gaming machines are ones I played on when I was little so that would be a Sega Mega Drive and Amiga 1200.

Anyway I look forward to discussing retro games and game collecting with you all.
amardilo

Postby JaaKu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:02 pm

Hello everyone!

My names is Jaakko Kuusimäki and i'm from Finland!

My focus is on the Nintendo 8-bit platform. some day i will collect all nes games. i have about 351 loose games on my game collection and my main focus is on full loose pal b games! (missing only one game: Snowboard Challenge)
JaaKu

Postby nintendo_webbo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi guys!

Been knocking around on here for a while, but mostly just reading stuff. Figured I should try and be more active and should probably start here!

My name is Ben and I live in the Cambridgeshire UK area! I collect for a lot of different systems (not just Nintendo as my name might suggest)

Hope to get to know people a lot more as I start posting more often :)
nintendo_webbo

Postby thalamusdigital » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:07 pm

Hello!

I've been in the videogame biz for about 29 years, cutting my teeth on magazines like Zzap! and Commodore Format, and C64 games such as Creatures and Mayhem in Monsterland. Currently CEO of @thalamusdigital

Been a lurker here for a while, but figured I'd join (mainly as I'm on the lookout for a few retro goodies :) )

Cheers :)

Andy
thalamusdigital

Postby gunstarhero » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:08 pm

^ a pleasure to welcome everyone above on board the good ship Retro Collect
gunstarhero

View Collection: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/show ... n-288.html
Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/coll ... s-288.html
Collection Photos: http://www.retrocollect.com/Community/g ... My-Photos/

Postby Retroroofer » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi everyone been in to games and collecting since I first received a Sega master system then on to ps1/2 etc currently enjoying mega drive dreamcast and saturn also og Xbox is got me interested when I’m not messing around with a PSP great little machine for retro games
Any ways all good and whatch my games grow this year :D
Retroroofer

Which is Retro Collect's Games best?

Postby kullboys » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:50 am

Hello Everyone! I'm a new member, and I don;t know which Retro Collect's Games is best! Someone give me a adsive, I really really love Retro Collect's Games! thanks a lot! :D :D :D
kullboys

Postby Naruz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi!

I'm a 35 year old "addicted" to GBA SP-101 and I'm more into modding than collecting.

One day, I'll finish Ghosts and Goblins!

Cheers! :)
Naruz

Postby gingerraccoon » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:36 pm

Naruz wrote:Hi!

I'm a 35 year old "addicted" to GBA SP-101 and I'm more into modding than collecting.

One day, I'll finish Ghosts and Goblins!

Cheers! :)

I bought one 18 months ago and love it!

Welcome all new folks, don't be afraid to get stuck in and get this place chatting again.
gingerraccoon

Postby Mr_ash80 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi

Great site, I'm a 37 year old who wants to get back into collecting and playing games from the 90's. I loved arcades during that time and have owned snes, genesis, x32, saturn etc and wouldn't mind getting a neo geo this time around.

Currently i have a 0 collection, but hopefully in the next few months i will at least start my console collection with help from this site.

Cheers

Ash
Mr_ash80

Postby Lucif3rX166 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:42 pm

Hey all. I am an experienced gamer from a young age and have been most my life. From NES, to Sega Genesis, PS1, N64, PS2, XBOX, Wii, PS3, Gameboy color, Gameboy Advance,Gameboy Advance SP and now that these have all been retired I now only own the SNES with 500 built in games. I have plenty of gaming history and love to bring back the old memories. My favorite game is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for PS3 and my favorite console is XBOX. I would love to start purchasing previous consoles and start over a collection from scratch and would like to share the best of my history and favorites with you all. I'm glad to become a new member of this forum and look forward to seeing what you all have to offer.
Lucif3rX166

Postby ULTRA 4TH GEN » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Hi there!

My name is Pablo and I'm from Spain. It's a pleasure to be here with you.

I love collecting old stuff specially from NEO-GEO, MEGA DRIVE and SNES.
I also love the new consoles and some treasures like ALIEN ISOLATION, but my heart is with the 16Bit Generation.
Nice to meet you!
ULTRA 4TH GEN

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion