Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Introduce yourself! (Please read 1st post)

Any discussion not related to gaming such as football, anime, music and life in general, belongs in here.

Re: retrobrite

Postby KThxsBy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:32 pm

I believe it helps. you could also try car bumper restorer oil on it.

Adam Koralik did a video on this recently. it may help you, the only difference his is a white console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnUn9SL0FGs
KThxsBy

Re: Introduce yourself! (Please read 1st post)

Postby xPrinceSn1p3x » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:00 pm

Since i didint introduce myself yesterday ill do it today
Hello im xPrinceSn1p3x but if you want you can call me Snipe or Sn1p3 im 18 and im from Akron Ohio (United States) im kinda a playstation fanboy tho i have played nintendo Wii and xbox's (xbox original-360) i have every playstation console since ps1 but vita counting gaming has always been a way of life for me since my parents rarely took me anywhere to do anything and video games made up for that. Currently i play alot of Black Ops2 and GTAV! Outside of gaming i like many musical artist.. well this is my intro i apologize for not writing it yesterday this forum seems amazing
Last edited by xPrinceSn1p3x on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xPrinceSn1p3x

Postby Titan91 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:34 pm

I just joined today, and have heard about this site. I am a console gamer millennial converted to PC gamer via high prices and the general direction the console market has taken in the last 10 years. Looks like an awesome site!
Titan91

Postby M444KNG » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:54 am

Hi,

My name is Mark, I've literally on just started even thinking about collecting, I currently have a snes which I stumbled on when in my local CEX, I've also got Zelda and a wish list of games I'd like to try and get. I'm aiming to get all my games in their original boxes. My aim is to collect Nintendo consoles

If anyone has any advice on the do's and don'ts so I don't make any mistakes it's would be great to have a chat

Thanks
Mark
M444KNG

Postby Joe Boy 1986 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:06 am

Welcome aboard mark. You'll find a treasure trove of information and advice around the boards and a very passionate and helpful community who will answer most of your questions.
Joe Boy 1986

Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... atistics/J

Postby Ithyshaam » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:22 pm

Hi, I'm Shammy. I mainly collect gamecube and dreamcast (pal) but aiming to be the very best, that no one ever was.
Ithyshaam

Postby retrogaminghub » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:01 pm

Hi guys
Favourite console is master system as it was my first console as a kid and i love the 8bit games.
Been collecting for over 3 years now i have a full uk CIB master system pal set, a full uk CIB megadrive pal set apart from that bloody lakers game lol and i started my 3rd set this year which is n64 and am currently over a third collected of a full set.
Thanks
Paul
retrogaminghub

Postby Feierabendgeek » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:47 pm

Hi, great to join your community!

I'm Frank, 38 years old, from Berlin, Germany.

I`m a retro gamer since I started touching any gamepads: Why? Because I always play the games I like, no matter how old. I'm in no way a member of the "Cult of the new". Age simply doesn't mean anything to me. I love some old games as well as I love some new games.

I started gaming years ago with the Atari 2600 and the C64 and still love them.

I still have my 26-year old C64 with me, as well as a lot of other gaming platforms:

SNES, N64, Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, PS4. And currently an SNES Mini joined the team.

Games on the C64 I always loved are Apoxoly, California Games, Giana Sisters, Who Dares Wins II, Barbarian and many more.

My favorite Atari Game is Asteroids.

Good old times.

But that's the great thing in our hobby: For us, these good old times never end, they just extend :-)

Besides my videogaming hobby, I also love boardgames and own a lot of them.

And as I do with the videogames, I do with the boardgames: I buy and play the good ones. No matter what age.

Great to be here :-)
Visit my blog about nerd culture: http://www.feierabendgeek.de (It's written in German language)
Feierabendgeek

Postby MyGameVault » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:26 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Charlie & I run MyGameVault in the UK, I aim to provide only the highest quality protection for games, consoles & other collectables. Currently I am selling only on ebay, however work is ongoing with the website & it will certainly be launching this year.

Massive gamer, have most systems & tend to collect for anything at all that reminds me of the good old childhood days. I also love modern day gaming & have all of the current gen systems too. Really enjoying the Switch & PS4 VR at the moment.

When it comes to collecting I really do prefer CIB, however as I am sure you are all aware sometimes due to the cost this just isn't possible & I have a few that still need completing with manuals :(

My favorite game of all time would have to be Goldeneye or Zelda Ocarina of Time, cannot choose between the 2 as many many great days & fun times had with both. At the moment the games I am playing are: Super Metroid (snes), Desert Strike (Mega Drive), Destiny 2 / RE VR (PS4), Zelda BOTW & Splatoon (Switch).

Many people frown upon it but I also do like to collect sealed retro games for SNES & N64 if I can get them. Starting to have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with sealed Amiibo too.

Looking forward to hopefully meeting some like minded people :D
MyGameVault

Postby Snescollecter » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:15 am

Hi don't really know what to say here but.. I grew up playing nes and Saturn n64 dremcast playstation etc...but I never owned a snes although I always remember how much I wanted one and enjoyed it when I got a rare chance to play.. I feel like I missed out on the snes as a kid due to going straight from a nes to a sega Saturn. So now I started to collect snes games to hopefully experience what I missed. Out on .. glad to be here hope I fit in well here
Snescollecter

Postby Panaflax » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi,

First post. My name's Panaflax and I'm based in Dublin, Ireland. Avid gamer, been playing since a kid in early 1980's: Atari 2600, then Spectrum 48, Amiga, and so on. Play PC games nowadays, and most of adult life.

I bought my own kids a Wii classic a few years ago, and kinda got hooked on collecting games for that platform (buying 2nd hand games for a couple of euro was a hitherto unknown novelty). Have about 300 used Wii games, and about 100 new sealed. Near the end of my collecting on that platform, but still some gaps still missing. Have some dupes that maybe I can trade in here, and hope to plug those gaps in the next 12-18 months.

Cheers!
Panaflax

Postby Pinkprophet » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:28 am

Hey everybody,
So I love old school video games!!!! Some of my all time faves are.
1. Tetris
2. Metroid: Zero Mission
3. Super Mario Bros
4. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
5. Super Metroid
So I'm not going to lie, I have a youtube channel and show where I review Retro Games, with a Sassy Unicorn Head, but also I just love community and share the joy of retro gaming with cool peoples. I look forward to getting to know y'all and hearing about the games we all love so much and why. Stay awesome!!!!
Pinkprophet

Postby dgrant » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi There

So, I've been lurking here for a few years. I finally posted something the other day, so it's probably about time that I contributed a bit more to the forum.

My gaming history started with an Acetronic MPU1000 way back when, then a Commodore 64. I've always played and unintentionally collected stuff over the years. I collect on all formats, but have a particular soft spot for Saturn, Dreamcast and Virtual Boy. Biggest mistake is probably getting into full-setting for the PS2; forget shelf space, I'm running out of air! :)
dgrant

Re: "The German Collector" first topic...

Postby Shadow_Zero » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:48 pm

:shock:
Awesome display of collection my man! Where do you get those plastic cases from? (even for your consoles!)
Shadow_Zero

Re: "The German Collector" first topic...

Postby RetroBob » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:07 pm

Shadow_Zero wrote::shock:
Awesome display of collection my man! Where do you get those plastic cases from? (even for your consoles!)

Yes, where are the cases from? Are they custom sized?
RetroBob

Postby snowflake » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:02 pm

dgrant wrote:Biggest mistake is probably getting into full-setting for the PS2; forget shelf space, I'm running out of air! :)

The PS2 is a mammoth of a system to collect for. Are you going for all games from everywhere, or just all games from a particular region? If it's everywhere, you have my sympathies - you'll need a new house at some point just to store it all.

Personally, I'm just going for a complete UK PAL release set for the PS2, as it's easier to handle. I'm about to run out of shelf space in my game room and the collection is only at about 60 percent. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of space I would need if I went for NTSC and NTSC-J as well!

Good luck with the collection!
GameHammer - Retro Game Reviews
Attempting a PS2 UK PAL release full set; plus Original Xbox Exclusives set
snowflake

Postby daveyheats » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:06 am

Hi guys,
Long time lurker here, having set up an account a while ago to keep track of my PAL Dreamcast collecting. I’ve also recently started collecting for the lovely Wii U, so i’ll be getting involved in any threads I can, and undoubtedly snapping up things i really shouldn’t be buying in the for sale forum.

Thought it was about time I got involved in the forum side of things, so nice to meet you all.

p.s I’m based in Bristol / Cheltenham so would be interested to know if theres any retro gathering shenanigans in my neck of the woods. I'm always on the lookout for any opportunities for losing horrendously at Mario Kart.
daveyheats

Postby Jimbosamo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Hello everyone

I'm a french collector of retro videogames. I start playing with the Nintendo Nes but THE console for me is the PS1. I try the full set pal French since 13 years now. I have over 1300 games black label, a thousand of games is missing. Nice forum so i decided to come with you. ++
Jimbosamo

Postby c64freak » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I heard about this site on the RGDS podcast so thought I would check it out. I started playing videogames way back when the Atari VCS came out, then had a C64 and an Amiga. Now have current gen PS4 and a Switch but still love playing the old games.

My favourite system is still the C64 and I have just recently started to build my collection again (my collection from my childhood unfortunately got given away so slowly rebuilding it!). I also like to collect systems that I never had such as the Mega Drive and PS2. I hope to add a SNES and Dreamcast to that list soon and am also on the lookout for an Amiga A1200 (when I have some cash) too.

Great to find such an active community here.

Steve
c64freak

Postby Titchgamer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi everyone!

I have just signed up and looking to see what the forum has to offer and maybe what I can offer in return.

I am a old skool kinda gamer, been playing since I had a C64 as a kid then played through each generation from there.
My favorite is the Mega Drive and streets of rage 2.

I currently have a NES, SNES, N64, PS2,3 &4 as well as my Sega holy trinity Mega drive, CD and 32X.
I also have a few arcade cabinets.

See you all around :)
Titchgamer

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion