Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Any Whisky Drinkers out there?

Any discussion not related to gaming such as football, anime, music and life in general, belongs in here.

Any Whisky Drinkers out there?

Postby rseijas » Thu May 04, 2017 5:33 am

Its beginning to become more of a rarity with beer and flavored vodka/rum claiming popularity, but i'm a big fan of a nice bourbon or scotch. I love Blanton's Bourbon, Johnnie Walker Black, and Four Roses Bourbon. It would be interesting to find out if many like whisky still.
rseijas

Re: Any Whisky Drinkers out there?

Postby pacmanD » Fri May 05, 2017 2:32 pm

I prefer Gin more, Bombay or Gordon's, especially with lemon juice. I also heard that somewhere it's served with cucumbers, but I never tried that )
When you have a question it's better to find the answer at Q&A service, like an https://answershark.com, follow to check it out
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
pacmanD

Postby Neontope » Fri May 05, 2017 11:59 pm

Have actually just been enjoying some Jura this evening,
Neontope

Postby JohnThegamer » Sun May 07, 2017 1:16 pm

yammy yammy, love that one too much :)
JohnThegamer

Postby rseijas » Mon May 08, 2017 5:14 am

I think that one of the best whiskeys I've had the pleasure to taste was Johnny Walker Blue. My girlfriends father opened up a bottle and it was something seriously special. It a big name, but its smoothness and flavor backed it up.
rseijas

Postby Punisher » Mon May 08, 2017 7:59 am

I'm a big Vodka drinker!. Also like Tequila's and Lager!.

The Vodka's have to be the mutts nuts otherwise I cant drink them cheap ones. Smirnoff is possibly my worst Vodka.

Snow Queen is one of my favourite Vodkas.
Punisher

Postby gaijinpunch » Tue May 09, 2017 6:37 pm

As stupid as this sounds...

When I lived in Japan, I had access to excellent Scotch, for what turns out to be very affordable prices. Now I live in Chicago, and Illinois and Chicago's taxing systems is something closer to Scandanavia than the US. I usually buy some when I'm in California and "import it" to Illinois for a cool 20% (at least) discount.

One thing I do miss about Japan is the Japanese whiskey, which is unfortunately gaining enough steam to kill itself.

Taketsuru: This is a 2000 yen bottle of whiskey ($18 or so currently) that retails for $60+ in the US. It was my go to, drink alone whiskey.
Yoichi 15 year: This was my "splurge" whiskey, which I usually only got duty free (about 5500 yen, even though it retailed for about 11,000). [Discontinued]
Yamazaki 12 year: Was 6000 yen [Discontinued]
Talisker 10 year: 3500 yen -- I still buy this whenever I visit. I think I'm going to bring back like 4 bottles next time and just pay the tax.
Glen Fidich 12 year: this was my 2nd go to, at about 2800 yen. It's like $38 here in Illinois. :(

So yeah, kind of a poor me thread. :)
I am able to get Talisker Storm for $39.99 locally, which is a fine whiskey. I just wish I had more variety for the price, but then again, I used to drink way too much so maybe it's a good thing.
gaijinpunch

Postby rseijas » Tue May 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Punisher wrote:I'm a big Vodka drinker!. Also like Tequila's and Lager!.

The Vodka's have to be the mutts nuts otherwise I cant drink them cheap ones. Smirnoff is possibly my worst Vodka.

Snow Queen is one of my favourite Vodkas.

Worst vodka I've ever had was Majorska, that stuff is awful!
rseijas

Return to Off Topic Discussion