Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

Why do I now like Music from 2009?

Any discussion not related to gaming such as football, anime, music and life in general, belongs in here.

Why do I now like Music from 2009?

Postby X2 No Relief » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:18 pm

It's kind of weird. I used to hate 2008, 2009 music so much. In 2009, I always told everybody that music from 2003 was so much better. And I hated music from 2009 all the way until now. Now I'm actually going back to a lot of songs that were in 2009. Timbaland, Rihanna, Katy Perry I Kissed A Girl, etc.. I'm telling you. I hated music in 2009. Still hate Lil Wayne's stuff, but the stuff that actually wasn't bad is starting to feel more classic to me. Can't explain it. It didn't at the time and 2009 doesn't feel that long ago. It's a weird feeling.

Do I just like things the older they get? In 2009 I said I would never like modern music. Now I hate 2016 music. I still don't like music after 2010. At one point I hated anything after 2005, but as 2005 started to become more retro, I started digging more of the songs.

But I think the same thing happened to me in video games. When N64 came out, I was quite disappointed. I thought Super Nintendo was so much better. Now I think the N64 is classic and has so many revolutionary games. When PS2 came out, I thought it was cool but not good enough. When PS3 game out, I thought that PS2 still wasn't retro enough. Now that PS4 has been out for a couple of years, I look at PS2 as a classic system. Most games ever, very revolutionary, and CLASSIC. Now I salute the PS2. And don't really like the PS4 much. It's just too new, with dull titles that aren't classic. Modern day color pallets. Ewe.

But when PS5 comes out and hypothetically has no discs, am I just going to start loving the PS3 more than ever? I'm very confused as far as why a lot of things appealed to me only years after hating them.
X2 No Relief

Re: Why do I now like Music from 2009?

Postby Polygons » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:00 pm

It's easier to sift through entertainment after the fact, and it's more inclusive as it ages a bit.

Music from 10-20 years ago is also a safer bet at a mixed age party or bbq. As much as I don't want to hear a Third Eye Blind, Puff Daddy, Backstreet Boys or Linkin Park song ever again, that is stuff the average 30 year old has probably heard and will be comfortable with.
Polygons

Re: Why do I now like Music from 2009?

Postby gameztim » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:22 pm

And I like music from 2007. This is a It was the sunset of the trance era :cry:
I miss for it.
If you need technical assignment help in programming you can fell free to contact me on https://assignment.essayshark.com/blog/ ... a-example/. Here you will find useful practical information.
gameztim

Return to Off Topic Discussion