Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

What's my game worth?

Got some retro games you want to sell? Looking to buy games from the community? Then head into the RetroCollect Marketplace.

Re: Introduce yourself! (Please read 1st post)

Postby Chrispo1972 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:47 pm

Hi all my name is Chris and I was recommended to try this website by the guys at the Bury Arcade club. I'm trying to get an idea for the value of a Sega Megadrive I have. It was an insurance replacement way back in the nineties and took so long to arrive that I never used it and had moved onto my next console. This megadrive is in factory new condition, has never be used, everything (console, joypads, power lead, instructions/warranty) is still in its original wrapping and the console box has been kept inside the cardboard box it was delivered in. The only downside is that it didn't come with the game (sonic 2) as it was an insurance replacement. It looks brand new as if it was a current generation console. I'd totally forgotten about it until I found it hidden away in a wardrobe at my mothers house. I doubt that there's many if any megadrives left in this condition. I see that I need to make 25 posts before I can post in the for sale section but I'm not really a retro gamer so was hoping its OK to post here. Cheers Chrispo
Chrispo1972

Re: NES collectors unite

Postby GOA » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:55 pm

Hello everybody,

Today I had the pleasure to meet Masayuki Uemura, the creator of the NES, shake his hand and ask him to sign some of my items.

Very sadly (or not, depending on how you look at it), I have to misuse the legend and now-collectible status of these items.

You see, right now it's time of immense financial distress in my household. I'm selling everything that has any value. Quite literally, 2 days ago I was asking for a miracle to send me some extra cash. The very next day I learned that Masayuki Uemura is coming for a Q&A session to my town and is gonna be willing to sign Nintendo items.

So yes, as much as I understand how much of an asshole move it is, I need to sell 2 of the 5 items he signed for me.

So (again I understand how this is), can you help me gauge the value of these?
- 1 mini NES (never actually used)
- 1 NES NTSC cartridge Adventure Island

Thanks and try not to hate me too much please.
GOA

Popeye 2 Scandinavian for Game Boy

Postby Steven D » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi there :) Today i have found this game at a flea market near house.
Since i am not so much into GB games i was wondering if it's worth something or not.

upload pic

It's a Bergsala AB version. I've found a guy on a french forum that has it in it's collection but i didn't reach to contact him.

Can you guys help me?

Thank you :)
Steven D

Re: What's my game worth?

Postby Joe Boy 1986 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:08 pm

Not a lot. You can buy just the cart for £2 or £3, so nothing too much more
Joe Boy 1986

Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... atistics/J

Postby Lord_Santa » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:13 pm

long time, no post, but here goes;

dusting off my PC-collection, I realized that I have a 'pre-order -box' for Assassin's Creed (the original)
having scoured the Internet for clues, I've found but two photographs of the box and little information; not sure if it's valuable, nor rare, or just my google-skills failing me?

above pictures being taken by me of said box, btw.
Lord_Santa

Infocom Zork I, II, III MS-DOS 5.25 original box question...

Postby mcomet » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi,
Going through some old stuff of mine from the 80s I came across my old original boxes with 5-1/4 inch floppies of Zork 1,2,3 for MS-DOS. These are literally in mint condition with the disks, maps, and other paperwork in them. (They've been on a shelf or mostly in a box/storage) I was curious to know if these have any value at all? At some point here I will take some photos.

I can't seem to find anything to compare this to as I only see the floppies for sale, and no original boxes or Zork-Infocom PC stuff. On the one hand I am thinking to keep and be a part of my nostalgia collection I am slowing finding and re-buying for myself. (I recently found my old D&D dice and purchased an old red box). On the other hand I'm trying to scrounge up money for some other stuff and if this has any decent value and would be useful to a proper collector I might sell. Any advice is welcome...

thank you,
michael
mcomet

Do glitched games have any value?

Postby gba_player_74 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:00 pm

I bought a Super Mario Advance 4 cartridge on ebay and it has a glitch. When you lose all your lives and get the game over screen instead of resetting the world it lets you keep on going from where you left off. Does a glitch like this give the game any value or make it worthless?
gba_player_74

Postby Jacobino » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:06 am

A friend of mine has a GameBoy Monster Truck Wars Complete in box , EUR version (I think the manual is in English), and he'd like to know how much one would go for, since he couldn't find any sold listings for it except the US versions. He's trying to get some money to get a CIB ff6 for the GBA (pal only).

Thanks in advance ;)
Jacobino

Postby sp1nzoK » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:57 am

Jacobino wrote:A friend of mine has a GameBoy Monster Truck Wars Complete in box , EUR version (I think the manual is in English), and he'd like to know how much one would go for, since he couldn't find any sold listings for it except the US versions. He's trying to get some money to get a CIB ff6 for the GBA (pal only).

Thanks in advance ;)

I'd say 30-60€ depending on condition.

I paid 55€ for mine and there's mint one sold here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Monster-Truck-Wars-EUR-TRAUM-ZUSTAND-MINT-CIB-OVP-Nintendo-Gameboy/302470244724?hash=item466ca1a974:g:2JcAAOSw5FZZzTdk

Still probably way low demand for it.
sp1nzoK

Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/coll ... -2648.html
Collection Photos: http://www.retrocollect.com/Members-Gam ... on-Photos/

Blues Clues PSX PAL info?

Postby BradleyPSX » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi There,

So I just want to know if this game is either extremely rare and expensive or is it just pure shovelware thats hard to find?

cheers
BradleyPSX

PS2 price

Postby Rubly » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:16 pm

I am looking to sell a PS2 fat model. Do you know how much i should be selling it for please. It is in good condition and has been cleaned and tested. Thanks
Rubly

Re: PS2 price

Postby n-g-m » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:17 pm

If complete and with an official controller, leads etc... £25-30
n-g-m

Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... atistics/n

Re: Your thoughts on supposed "rare" games

Postby tobster505 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Is the best way to know what your games are worth is to post them on here? I have some CBS and Atari games that I think are rare and I want to sell them all (including consoles and accessories). What's the best thing for me to do?
tobster505

Re: Your thoughts on supposed "rare" games

Postby Joe Boy 1986 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:35 pm

tobster505 wrote:Is the best way to know what your games are worth is to post them on here? I have some CBS and Atari games that I think are rare and I want to sell them all (including consoles and accessories). What's the best thing for me to do?

Right here
Joe Boy 1986

Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... atistics/J

castlevania vampire's kiss original box

Postby CB_ » Wed May 02, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi i was wondering what the original box might cost. cant seem to find it anywhere(only replicas). I have an original box and found out that the game is really rare and valuable. does anyone know what the original box only might be worth?
CB_

Australian PAL PS1 Buttsubushi

Postby Sith_Lord » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Found this a while ago but cant find any information on it. Would like to sell it on to fund other games but i have no idea what it could be worth. Manual and back cover are in English. Anyone got any idea?

Sith_Lord

Re: Australian PAL PS1 Buttsubushi

Postby Noobsaibot21 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:43 pm

Sith_Lord wrote:Found this a while ago but cant find any information on it. Would like to sell it on to fund other games but i have no idea what it could be worth. Manual and back cover are in English. Anyone got any idea?

A good few on ebay for £200+ but in terms of actual sales, tends to hit about £60-£110 depending on condition. The odd ridiculously priced one too. Published by Phoenix games in some PAL territories only (Germany seems to be the most frequently found). Was more widely released in Japan. Rather late budget release of PSOne (2003 or 2004 depending on what site you ask it seems), It seems to be rather hard to find (hence the price points people try to get for it) but not overly desirable by many. Does not have the notoriety others have. Probably mostly interesting to those looking for fullsets in PAL land.
Noobsaibot21

Mario Party 8 Recalled PAL "Spastic" version

Postby Jimbot80 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but im looking for a little help.

Ive been selling a few of my games and I have come across a copy of Mario Party 8 for the wii. Whilst that game is pretty unremarkable there was a issue with the initial UK release. Early in production it was noticed that the word "Spastic" was used in one of the mini games. The problem was that this word is quite the offensive slur for disabled people here. So the game was very quickly recalled and replaced with the offensive word changed.

Now heres where I come in. My brother was working at local Woolworths store at the time and managed to nab one of this disks being sent off to be destroyed. He then gave me the disk as I owned a wii and he didnt and I only played it once to see the word and have a chuckle, then put it away to be never played again.

11 years later I found the disk...

Now I know this version is very very rare in PAL regions but I cant find any information on whether this version is worth any more then the standard reprints? If anyone has any info that would be a great help as I cant find any mention anywhere.

I also need to get hold of a wii (mine broke long ago) to get screen shots and a video as proof this is genuine (I have seen it myself so know its true)

I also only have the disk and not the case, i assume because the disks only were sent to be destroyed. However there are no obvious differences to the disk when compared to the reissues.

Thanks for any light shed on this
Jimbot80

Postby Jamesmathieson » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi all, I hope you can help. I have this factory sealed UK version of World League Basketball for the PS1 (see pic) , I know the UK version is the hardest to come by, the last non-sealed UK version went for £172.00, but I have no idea what this sealed version would be worth, so any help appreciated

https://imgur.com/a/Aeny00s
Jamesmathieson

Previous

Return to For Sale