Welcome to RetroCollect's Retro Gaming Forum. Here you'll meet a community for both classic game collectors and retro gamers. Should you want to discuss the best retro games or the rarest games around, register now and get involved with the best retro gaming forum online!

VIDEO GAME MARKET 3 - Doncaster Dome - 5th March 2016

All news & announcements about RetroCollect can be found in here.

Re: VIDEO GAME MARKET 3 - Doncaster Dome - 5th March 2016

Postby Big Cals World » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:42 pm

Bit late recording this, but my pickups from the VGM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T30L_OwlyxU :)
Big Cals World

Postby -DoN- » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Cauterize wrote:Just a quick reminder - the Video Game Market is on this Saturday! Be there :lol:

http://events.retrocollect.com/

MISSINGNIN wrote:How many rooms are taken up by the market? Is it just one big room or will it be multiple rooms like last time?.

It's all in one massive hall! 8-)

just to ask would be another new market in the future?
-DoN-

Postby chocklo » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:18 pm

I'm gonna find him at Play Expo, then tickle him in to submission till he agrees to have another one :lol:
chocklo

Postby -DoN- » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:53 am

chocklo wrote:I'm gonna find him at Play Expo, then tickle him in to submission till he agrees to have another one :lol:

okay that would be nice..
im from germany and i want to see the UK Market's..this year i was was in Germany and Netherland =)
-DoN-

Postby pineapple-king » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:03 pm

I see the video game market 2017 has been announced for the February 25th. Thought the guy that organised this was affiliated with retrocollect.com
Was toying with the idea of heading to Doncaster for this, woud need to make a weekend of it considering the distance, is it worth the effort and drive?
pineapple-king

Postby chocklo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:13 pm

pineapple-king wrote:I see the video game market 2017 has been announced for the February 25th. Thought the guy that organised this was affiliated with retrocollect.com
Was toying with the idea of heading to Doncaster for this, woud need to make a weekend of it considering the distance, is it worth the effort and drive?

Where are you driving from? Doesn't really matter, the answer is yes, it's definitely worth making a weekend of it. It's the largest event of its kind in the UK. If you like retro shopping (like I do), it's the best mix of private and commercial sellers. If you look hard enough, you will definitely find a bargain. The same rule applies with retro shops in general, but this brings together a load of them in one place hence increasing the chances of spotting a bargain. If you know your prices, you have an advantage. I normally sell at these events so don't get to look round normally till it quietens down in the afternoon. Even then, i always come back with a mountain of stuff. If you're specifically after games such as Link to the Past and Panzer Dragoon Saga, you're unlikely to find these at good prices (actually, i recall that Gunstarhero was selling a nice complete LTTP for £50 at the event before last!). If you go with 'platforms' in mind, you'll do well. As a retro collector it's a really enjoyable experience too. Last year i had a right haul of SNES games in nice condition and rare N64 games for excellent prices. I have NEVER come away from one of these things with less than 10 nice finds. I'm obviously not guaranteeing this, just sharing my previous experiences.

Remember....not all sellers, even well established ones can be bothered doing ebay checks for EVERY item in stock and they guesstimate some prices when labelling stuff up. Also, they don't have the luxury of verifying prices with ebay at these events...which can be an advantage! (Not because they don't have signal...they're too busy)

On top of this, you always get private sellers who are just trimming down their private collections/spares and are happy enough with charging less than ebay as they are still getting more than what they originally paid for it yonks ago. There was a chap there last year selling some real top drawer stuff last year like a complete SNES earthbound. I picked up NGPC Evolution off him for something like £180, which wasn't bad, since both of us knew that if It was ebayed, it wouldve gone for £300 easily and immediately.

Aside from that, you're right....the retrocollect bunch will be there and it's a rare and treasured yearly moment that I get to catch up with them again. So, I'll definitely be there!!! :D
chocklo

Postby pineapple-king » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Thanks Chocklo. I Live in Perth. That's good to know, will probably take a road trip for it, if I can get the time off work and get permission from the Mrs.
pineapple-king

Postby chocklo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:27 pm

Perth???!! Now that would be dedication!! Saying though, i can honestly say that if something happened of a similar size up there, i would definitely drive up. Gunstarhero drives up annually from the south coast. I reckon the distance is there or there abouts....
chocklo

Postby Big Cals World » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:08 pm

So this is happening again? Both awesome and BOOOOO cos I didn't know until now and I won't exactly have much money for it since I haven't been able to save :(.
Big Cals World

Postby gingerraccoon » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:46 pm

Last years was the first I'd been to and, although on the face of it there's a lot at upper eBay prices, there's plenty of bargains to be found once you delve under the surface. Just don't even think about parking at Asda at any point, there's an hour of trying to leave a car park I'll never get back.

Got permission from the boss to go again this year and looking forward to it. Should the thread name be changed so others don't miss it?
gingerraccoon

Postby gunstarhero » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Really looking forward to this - I have a table booked again and will be bringing some goodies to sell.

It would be great to meet some new RC members along with the usual crowd - pop by and say hello (gunstarhero banner should make it obvious), you will find buying from collectors won't mean eBay prices in many cases ;)
gunstarhero

View Collection: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/show ... n-288.html
Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/search/coll ... s-288.html
Collection Photos: http://www.retrocollect.com/Community/g ... My-Photos/

Postby Durst.P.I. » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:41 pm

gunstarhero wrote:Really looking forward to this - I have a table booked again and will be bringing some goodies to sell.

It would be great to meet some new RC members along with the usual crowd - pop by and say hello (gunstarhero banner should make it obvious), you will find buying from collectors won't mean eBay prices in many cases ;)

Might pop down if things go well; got some PS1 stuff?
Durst.P.I.

Postby Jonverine » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:21 pm

there is one on the 3rd march this year a sunday :) anyone from here going?
url=http://www.retrocollect.com/videogamedatabase/users/collection/Jonverine]Image[/url]
Jonverine

View Collection: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... on/statist
Collection Stats: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... tatistics/

Postby KeyranSolo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:49 am

Loved this event, picked up some really cool stuff and spoke to some great people. Wish I had more money to spend, though...

PRIMARILY COLLECT PS1 GAMES. SEE COLLECTION HERE: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogameda ... KeyranSolo
KeyranSolo

Previous

Return to News & Announcements