20 years since release on the Sega Mega Drive, Streets of Rage is back via a fan made remake project. Having spent 8 years in development, the bare knuckle fighter can be downloaded for free from the developers website.
Streets of Rage remains a incredibly iconic series from the days of the Sega Mega Drive. Streets of Rage II, often considered the best of the lot paved way for many fighters to come. With the Sega Dreamcast’s Dynamite Cop, Zombie Revenge and Eidos’s Fighting Force all following in Streets of Rage’s footsteps, the 16-bit classic is still yet to be bettered.
This new remake project comes as entirely new code and is not built upon the widely spread Beats of Rage engine. With promise of near identical gameplay to the original accompanied by updated graphics, this is without a doubt worth a download.
Here is the list of features included from the developer:
* Animation timing, animation positioning, control response, X/Y/Z positions and physical movement for all characters are accurate to the original games.
* 64 modules of AI per enemy to represent walking and reactions.
* Collisions and damages based on the original games.
* The same score system algorithm that is used in SOR2.
* Grabs and vaults as in the original games.
* Autosave savestates that allow you to continue the game from the same point, exit windows, alt+x, etc.
* Prediction of resources, to speed loading times.
* All functions of all the original games in the series are emulated:
- Over 30 configurable options in the menu
- Star and Special Meter systems
- 6-button controller actions
- Different types of weapons,
and Special Weapon attacks
- Police specials
- And much more
So should you be a fan of the original or fancy adding another free remake to your desktop, head over to the project page now to download.
|< Prev||Next >|