The moment 8-bit Nintendo fans have been waiting for is finally here. Flash card extraordinaire Krikkz has released the latest addition to his EverDrive range - the EverDrive N8 - a cartridge which allows Nintendo NES, Famicom and Famicom Disk System game ROMs to be loaded into memory from an SD cartridge.
Given that the entire Nintendo NES, Famicom and Famicom Disk System collection of ROMs can fit on a 1gb SD memory card, the EverDrive N8 will allow retro gamers to enjoy every title ever released on the 8-bit system, all in one place via an on-screen menu.
To make things even better, the EverDrive N8 comes packed with plenty of additional features. To name one, this new flash cartridge comes loaded with Game Genie functionality allowing you to cheat your way through countless games, including imports that wouldn't normally fit into Codemasters' device.
One thing to note, however, is that while the EverDrive N8 is compatible with the Nintendo NES, it will require a import cartridge adapter. The EverDrive N8's cartridge connector is the same as the Nintendo Famicom's 60-pin layout, as opposed to the 72-pin setup found on European and American releases - making an adapter a mandatory purchase to use the EverDrive N8. These adapters can be found on eBay quite easily, but should you fancy a challenge, believe it or not but some NES games have them hidden inside.
EverDrive N8 - NES, Famicom, FDS Flash Cartridge Features
- Famicom, NES, and Twin Famicom systems are supported.* Many NES/FC clones supported as well.
- Cart supports NES and FDS ROM images.
- Automatic disk side swap for FDS.
- Expansion audio.**
- Game Genie cheat code support.
- Automatically backs-up saves to microSD card. There is no need to push reset before shutting down the system.***
- Mapper support can be extended via software updates. As easy as loading new mappers files on microSD card.
- FAT / FAT16 / FAT32 file system formats are supported.
- Supports microSD (SD & SDHC) cards up to 32GB.
- Quick loading of game files (approx. 4-8 seconds).
- USB port for home-brew and mappers development (optional).
|< Prev||Next >|